Menu

Would you fill the script for the antibiotic?

I woke up yesterday feeling like crud. Different from allergies. By the afternoon I had a mild fever 100.4, body aches and my chest upper back hurt.

I went to the Dr today to r/o pneumonia [had it in May] and the flu. Both were negative.

I still have a mild fever and my body hurts. The Dr. wrote a script in the event I needed it. I have a steriod already and inhaler that I have been using.

To fill or not to fill? I work this weekend and I do not want to wake up in the am with full blown bronchitis sometime this weekend had I taken the antibiotic.

And what exactly did the doctor mean by giving you a prescription and leaving it up to you "if you need it"?

How are you supposed to determine whether you need it or not?

I mean, either you need antibiotics or you don't...and the doc is supposed to determine that, last I knew. Seems crazy to me.

And what exactly did the doctor mean by giving you a prescription and leaving it up to you "if you need it"?

I mean, either you need antibiotics or you don't...and the doc is supposed to determine that, last I knew. Seems crazy to me.

:iagree: In the old days, I could see them writing for something to be filled in case a culture came back positive, but they've been able to call in prescriptions for years. And, given the rate of antibiotic abuse in this country, and the resulting proliferation of resistant bacteria, that just seems reckless.

I woke up yesterday feeling like crud. Different from allergies. By the afternoon I had a mild fever 100.4, body aches and my chest upper back hurt.

I went to the Dr today to r/o pneumonia [had it in May] and the flu. Both were negative.

I still have a mild fever and my body hurts. The Dr. wrote a script in the event I needed it. I have a steriod already and inhaler that I have been using.

To fill or not to fill? I work this weekend and I do not want to wake up in the am with full blown bronchitis sometime this weekend had I taken the antibiotic.

Yes, fill it.

B/C I am borderline if it's just viral or bacterial. I get a fair amount of lung infections ..... so given it is the weekend she wrote a script for me in case I got worse. I have a long history with this DR so they dont just write scripts willy nilly. I typically KNOW when I need it.... this time im on the fence.. like I said borderline.

Edited by my3luvbugs990105