Menu

Decluttering....I am ON A ROLLL......

I want to declutter now...but I have to finish reading for my Tuesday classes first.

Y'all are trying to distract me and get me to procrastinate!:tongue_smilie:

(And right now I am playing human pacifier to DS so he'll nap some more.)

So....how did we do today?? I finished my extra bedroom and set it up all pretty. Living room is done! Bathroom ready to be cleaned....but already dejunked. Kitchen is almost there. I will attack upstairs this coming week.

Hoping I don't slow down until I am done.....I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.....yay!

Wow, you guys are awesome!! I really need to get going on this... my house is starting to drive me crazy. I said we needed to get rolling with school first, then I ended up tweaking things.... if I wait for a good day, it'll never happen.

Maybe if I mark my calendar later in the week with a trip to Goodwill, I'll have to get things together, right?? :)

Honestly, I am decluttering in my head more than in reality. I feel it’s a necessary first step. :tongue_smilie:Oh, and watching the hoarders show to scare the crap out of myself is helping as well. LOL!

Right now I am at about one to two bags a month of purging, and hoping to pick up speed before Christmas time…:D

Toss, toss, toss away, ladies...congrats!

Honestly, I am decluttering in my head more than in reality. I feel it’s a necessary first step. :tongue_smilie:Oh, and watching the hoarders show to scare the crap out of myself is helping as well. LOL!

Right now I am at about one to two bags a month of purging, and hoping to pick up speed before Christmas time…:D

Toss, toss, toss away, ladies...congrats!

I LOVE hoarders!!!!! It is my greatest inspiration. THAT and cleaning out my mom's place after she died. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER do that to my kids.....if I do not love it or have a place for it....OUT!!!!

While the kids were doing their biology lab yesterday (2 hours), I managed to finish decluttering the entire set of toy shelves in the basement! 2 sets of gorilla racks and several large bins . . . tidy now!

I got rid of enough stuff that all the bins now fit neatly onto the shelves (no more stacks of bins on the floor), and nearly all the books are on book shelves -- with just a couple more file boxes of books to be sorted/decluttered, but the rest of 1000s of books are on shelves!

Three huge black garbage bags of old and yucky toys off the toy shelves in the basement, and the toy zone down there has now joined the craft zone in the land of decency instead of the land of grotesque clutter.

I've spent the kids' biology lab time the past 6 weeks decluttering down there.

Each week I've had about 2 hours.

It's been a great way to keep them on task (within ear shot, so I can holler at them if they start goofing off), answer questions or help when needed, and still be productive.

The first 2 or 3 weeks, I got through the craft shelves. Wow, that was huge! Then I spent one week on the food shelves -- unloading a mess of expired stuff from my couponing days. Then the last couple weeks have been the toy shelves, and yesterday was very successful!

I've given away lots of great little kid toys to a friend with littles, hauled some junk to goodwill, and thrown out TONS of junk.

My basement looks much better than it has in recent years! By the end of the year, maybe I'll have made it all the way around to the dark corners . . .

AWESOME!!!!!!!

While the kids were doing their biology lab yesterday (2 hours), I managed to finish decluttering the entire set of toy shelves in the basement! 2 sets of gorilla racks and several large bins . . . tidy now!

I got rid of enough stuff that all the bins now fit neatly onto the shelves (no more stacks of bins on the floor), and nearly all the books are on book shelves -- with just a couple more file boxes of books to be sorted/decluttered, but the rest of 1000s of books are on shelves!

Three huge black garbage bags of old and yucky toys off the toy shelves in the basement, and the toy zone down there has now joined the craft zone in the land of decency instead of the land of grotesque clutter.

I've spent the kids' biology lab time the past 6 weeks decluttering down there.

Each week I've had about 2 hours.

It's been a great way to keep them on task (within ear shot, so I can holler at them if they start goofing off), answer questions or help when needed, and still be productive.

The first 2 or 3 weeks, I got through the craft shelves. Wow, that was huge! Then I spent one week on the food shelves -- unloading a mess of expired stuff from my couponing days. Then the last couple weeks have been the toy shelves, and yesterday was very successful!

I've given away lots of great little kid toys to a friend with littles, hauled some junk to goodwill, and thrown out TONS of junk.

My basement looks much better than it has in recent years! By the end of the year, maybe I'll have made it all the way around to the dark corners . . .