Menu

First Day of PS

I know if it were my child, I'd expect the teacher to be all.over.it.

When did it happen?

When did the teacher find out?

Did she already call you?

If you found out at the bus stop and no one called you, I would go to the principal's office tomorrow early am and tell what happened. I would want some answers as to why the teacher didn't call, and why the principal is hearing it from you--because, surely, the principal wasn't told, or she/he'd have called...RIGHT? :glare:

I hope your dd is all right. :grouphug:

skip the e-mail; you need to be in the principal's office tomorrow a.m. to follow up. Make sure they follow the discipline code and file a report. Find out whether your child was unsupervised or the perp needs a 1:1 aide.

This. Without a doubt. Be there when the teachers and staff get there in the morning. Time for a group meeting. I need this to come up any time someone brings up how unsocialized home school kids are...

Apparently, she was just putting her water bottle back in her backpack after lunch.

I'm going to plan on picking the girls up from school tomorrow. That would give me a chance to talk to her teacher and find out how the situation was resolved, and more importantly, why nobody told me. We have a small rural school, and the principal is also a teacher, so I can't just walk in and talk to him. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to talk to him after school also.

Um, yes you can. Or at least you should be able to walk right in an talk to the principal. I teach at a public school, and what happened is unacceptable. And it is unacceptable that the principal is not available (or another administrator) immediately.

Apparently, she was just putting her water bottle back in her backpack after lunch.

I'm going to plan on picking the girls up from school tomorrow. That would give me a chance to talk to her teacher and find out how the situation was resolved, and more importantly, why nobody told me. We have a small rural school, and the principal is also a teacher, so I can't just walk in and talk to him. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to talk to him after school also.

Can you phone to make an appointment to see him?