Menu

AP English Resources

I'm on a listserve for AP English teachers. There are some interesting and wonderful suggestions that come through the list. I thought it might be helpful to share some of them.

I'm a big fan of the AP English Major Works Data Sheets. (If you google the term, there is a .doc file, which can be filled out in Word and printed, for a neater reference).

This AP English syllabus is quite extensive and includes directions for creating AP English Study Cards (using 5x8 index cards). ATTN CANADIANS: The syllabus is from a Canadian teacher, so there is some extra attention to Canadian authors.

An assignment from a couple days ago that I was quite taken with was to write a Vows column for a couple in Pride and Prejudice. (Using the Vows column from NYTimes as a model.)

• 2 months later...

I found a nifty list of AP English Allusions today. The list is divided up into mythological, literary, Biblical, and historical categories and has a short definition for each entry.

I also wanted to point out the nice list of books that Janice Campbell has for her scope and sequence for the Excellence in Literature guides. I think even if you aren't a study guide person, it is a pretty slick reading list.