Menu

Potential for Hurricane @ Republican Convention:

Both parties would have to exclude a big chunk of the country from convention consideration if they wanted perfect weather. Besides, it's not like we shut down during hurricane season. People still come here for vacations, despite the risk.

I understand that -- and what you write makes perfectly reasonable sense.

I'm speaking to the fact that a national convention is not something that with a few phone calls can be moved elsewhere -- the logistics and configuration management of it make that impossible. The way that the Super Bowl is held in an enclosed stadium -- I'm talking about that kind of thing.

Well, the Super Bowl isn't always enclosed. When it was in Jax, that was an open stadium. Really, the chances of tropical activity during a few days out of the season isn't too bad.

I do think it's funny that both conventions are being held in hurricane-prone areas this year, though.

Well, the Super Bowl isn't always enclosed. When it was in Jax, that was an open stadium. Really, the chances of tropical activity during a few days out of the season isn't too bad.

I do think it's funny that both conventions are being held in hurricane-prone areas this year, though.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

true, jax - forgot that. I guess I was trying to say that no one was sitting in Lambeau Field in minus 40 degree wind chill for a super bowl......anymore.