Menu

for those of you who laminate stuff

This might be a silly question, but I just read something where someone recommended to use Vis A Vis wet erase markers on pages you've laminated, but will dry erase markers be ok? Or will they not cleanly wipe off? I have a laminator and plan on using it soon, but don't want to use the wrong type of marker, if there is such a thing. Thanks!

I made some checklists for our vacation to yellowstone for my dd. I laminated them and we used a dry erase marker on them. The writing stayed on the sheets throughout our trip (didn't wipe away) and when I got home I cleaned them all and they cleaned off fine.

I never tried crayons but I may use that, at least my dd can't write on herself with crayons!!

The dry erase will come off, but depending on how long it sat there in the first place, the brand of marker and laminator, the mood of the laminating spirits, it won't just wipe away and you'll have to scrub it off.

The Vis-a-vis pens will just wash off with a wet wipe unless the ink has been sitting for days and days, in which case I've had to scrub a tiny bit a couple of times or have seen a slight impression of the color.

The dry erase will come off, but depending on how long it sat there in the first place, the brand of marker and laminator, the mood of the laminating spirits, it won't just wipe away and you'll have to scrub it off.

The Vis-a-vis pens will just wash off with a wet wipe unless the ink has been sitting for days and days, in which case I've had to scrub a tiny bit a couple of times or have seen a slight impression of the color.

:iagree:

This has been my experience, too. I usually have the kids use a dry erase marker, but I tend to reach for vis-a-vis for myself.