Menu

Weird Question...Long Reach Stapler?

I found out in my science stuff today I need to use a long reach stapler for something...after looking at amazon and seeing they run between $25-30, I was curious to see if it would be worth it to invest in one? Does any one else out there use this frequently, or can share when you have? I'm just trying to weigh other times I may use it besides school (or when in school besides this time would I use it)...thanks!

You can make your own. I saw a similar contraption cobbled together at a copy shop, so we tried it at home and it works. Take two cheap rulers and one cheap regular stapler (from the dollar store). Make sure it is a stapler you can separate the top and bottom.

Set the rulers on top of each other and tape one end together with packing tape. Tape the top part of the stapler to the top ruler and the bottom part of the stapler to the bottom ruler. The hardest part is lining up the top and bottom of the stapler correctly. This took me a couple of tries. It works well enough for stapling booklets together that I print out for lessons.

Another tip I saw on a craft site: Open up a regular stapler. Place a pink eraser beneath the paper where you want the staple to go. Staple through the paper and into the eraser. Flip the paper over and pull off the eraser. Bend the staple legs down with your fingers.

I recently bought a swingline one and have been using it to make books for my dd's school. We use the Robinson Curriculum and while most of the books from the booklist are now available for the kindle, not all of them are. So I've made 3 books so far, with one waiting to be bound.

I also made a booklet manual with info on how to use Scholaric.com yesterday with the stapler.

I have one. I use in to make books, to repair kids paperback books, and for other crafts. But if you only need it for a few things and you have regular stapler that will open (like to use on a wall) then you can put an eraser under what you want stapled with the stapler open. Staple (the prongs will stay staight) and then you can use whatever works for you to bend the prongs manually.

I bought one several years ago when we were making lapbooks. I generally don't make them anymore, but still find a need for that stapler several times a year.

That said - it is the stapler I use all the time, even for 'regular' jobs. Why? Because it is big and stays in one place on my desk so I can always find it. :lol: The smaller staplers have a habit of wandering off. :glare:

I bought one several years ago when we were making lapbooks. I generally don't make them anymore, but still find a need for that stapler several times a year.

That said - it is the stapler I use all the time, even for 'regular' jobs. Why? Because it is big and stays in one place on my desk so I can always find it. :lol: The smaller staplers have a habit of wandering off. :glare:

This reason alone may be enough for me to invest :). Thanks for the ideas for other things too- heaven knows I could use it for books that are falling apart too!

I could have written this post. I love my long reach stapler. :001_smile: It is actually sitting on my table right now.

Joy