Menu

It's 11:30am, and I am going to take a nap.......

when driving dd13 to her test prep class (20 minutes from here) i got on an express ramp :auto: and we ended up at the pentagon --I told her not to say that i don't take her anywhere! :tongue_smilie:

After i dropped her off, I got right back on the same freaking ramp and went back to the pentagon. There are four star generals who don't go to the pentagon that often. :glare: I have been past the pentagon FOUR times today and it is not even noon.

I just brought the twins to the pool, i don't have to leave here to get dd at her class for another hour or so....depending on how lost i get this time.

I am running on fumes -- i must do this. :sleep:

when driving dd13 to her test prep class (20 minutes from here) i got on an express ramp :auto: and we ended up at the pentagon --I told her not to say that i don't take her anywhere! :tongue_smilie:

After i dropped her off, I got right back on the same freaking ramp and went back to the pentagon. There are four star generals who don't go to the pentagon that often. :glare: I have been past the pentagon FOUR times today and it is not even noon.

I just brought the twins to the pool, i don't have to leave here to get dd at her class for another hour or so....depending on how lost i get this time.

I am running on fumes -- i must do this. :sleep:

I'm going to venture a guess that the express lanes are on I-95. We skipped our exit the other day from the HOV lanes due to traffic there. Thought we could just get off at the next one and take backroads home. Nope. Ended up at the Pentagon. :tongue_smilie:

I'm going to venture a guess that the express lanes are on I-95. We skipped our exit the other day from the HOV lanes due to traffic there. Thought we could just get off at the next one and take backroads home. Nope. Ended up at the Pentagon. :tongue_smilie:

Well, good to know that 95 has express lanes too :auto:......we were on 395 which unless i am mistaken is HOV 3 or a huge fine but i think we were just minutes past the cut off time.:tongue_smilie:

Well, good to know that 95 has express lanes too :auto:......we were on 395 which unless i am mistaken is HOV 3 or a huge fine but i think we were just minutes past the cut off time.:tongue_smilie:

It could have been 395. It's whatever the 95 express lanes are after passing the evil "mixing bowl."

Definitely, recharge with a nap!

As for those notorious ramps and the traffic around DC...true story:

Dh and I, being naive midwesterners with NO idea what D.C. is really like and having only romantic notions about our nation's capitol, decided to honeymoon in the D.C. area. We also thought, "Of course we'll drive!"

Biggest mistake ever. First of all, it was a nightmare getting into the city. Second, once there, finding parking was an even bigger nightmare. When we did find it (we were headed to the Smithsonian Air and Space and Natural History) it was so far away from these establishments that it took 20 minutes or more of walking to get to the car and the meter only held 2 hrs. worth of change, so, with a 40 minute round trip walk, we ended up taking turns making many trips back and forth to the meter to feed it. We didn't have enough quarters and ended up exchanging with a vendor on the street 3 quarters for $1.00 was the going "change rate".

We carried lunches with us and sat out on the grass across from the Smithsonian only to be hassled FIVE times for money by two different completely, stoned or drunk individuals. We alerted a nearby Capitol police officer who did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT even though he witnessed the fourth and fifth events....GRRRRR...the last time the drunk attempted to take off with my purse which DH wrestled from his hands while said officer stood there watching idly!!!!!!! I've decided, some 24 years later, that this person was not representative of D.C. law enforcement, but merely an anomaly example of a primate collecting a paycheck for playing at the job. :glare: It makes me feel better about the whole memory.

Exhausted, we finally agreed that we'd be teased when we returned home if we did not have pictures of the Lincoln Memorial but neither of us wanted to spend two hrs. looking for parking, so dh decided to drop me at the curb and drive around the block while I made the long hike up there to snap a few pics - I was not happy to be elected to this position - and well, it ended up being approximately five miles to the Lincoln Memorial. Now, I realize that to locals it's probably only about 1/4 a mile, but to wretchedly tired out-of-towners, the path does this Harry Potter Dark Arts thing and stretches practically to eternity - some evil little government official with a wand from Olivanders must hide up there and wave the d*mn thing wildly whenever an unsuspecting tourist draws near. Having personally witnessed more than one set of crazed, foaming-at-the-mouth chaperones of entirely done-in 8th grade classes, I can only assume that the monster at the Memorial has a special obsession with placing this spell on school groups!

I have no idea how long it took me to get there, take three pics, and get back to the curb. But it had to have been several days, and when I arrived at the corner, Dh was just pulling up. He did not look annoyed. I had expected that he would be quite exasperated having to drive "around the block" at least 100,000 times while I marched to and from my doom, but he was relieved I hadn't been kidnapped or something. He had attempted to circle the block but instead got siphoned off into a sea of traffic which lead to Arlington! He had no idea where he was going, "I just keep trying to drive towards the Washington Monument. It was the only thing I could see from the car as I was trapped amongst a billion cars!" When he arrived at the corner to pick me up, he had "circled the block" ONCE!

We did not leave with a favorable impression of the town. :glare: Having discovered the metro in subsequent trips, we aren't quite so down on the place now! :lol:

Faith

Edited by FaithManor

It could have been 395. It's whatever the 95 express lanes are after passing the evil "mixing bowl."

yup -- then it becomes 395........it just occured to me that the '3' in 395 must be the fact that it is an HOV-3 express road :svengo:-- the traffic goes in the direction it needs to depending on the time of day.

Definitely, recharge with a nap!

As for those notorious ramps and the traffic around DC...true story:

Dh and I, being naive midwesterners with NO idea what D.C. is really like and having only romantic notions about our nation's capitol, decided to honeymoon in the D.C. area. We also thought, "Of course we'll drive!"

Biggest mistake ever. First of all, it was a nightmare getting into the city. Second, once there, finding parking was an even bigger nightmare. When we did find it (we were headed to the Smithsonian Air and Space and Natural History) it was so far away from these establishments that it took 20 minutes or more of walking to get to the car and the meter only held 2 hrs. worth of change, so, with a 40 minute round trip walk, we ended up taking turns making many trips back and forth to the meter to feed it. We didn't have enough quarters and ended up exchanging with a vendor on the street 3 quarters for $1.00 was the going "change rate".

We carried lunches with us and sat out on the grass across from the Smithsonian only to be hassled FIVE times for money by two different completely, stoned or drunk individuals. We alerted a nearby Capitol police officer who did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT even though he witnessed the fourth and fifth events....GRRRRR...the last time the drunk attempted to take off with my purse which DH wrestled from his hands while said officer stood there watching idly!!!!!!! I've decided, some 24 years later, that this person was not representative of D.C. law enforcement, but merely an anomaly example of a primate collecting a paycheck for playing at the job. :glare: It makes me feel better about the whole memory.

Exhausted, we finally agreed that we'd be teased when we returned home if we did not have pictures of the Lincoln Memorial but neither of us wanted to spend two hrs. looking for parking, so dh decided to drop me at the curb and drive around the block while I made the long hike up there to snap a few pics - I was not happy to be elected to this position - and well, it ended up being approximately five miles to the Lincoln Memorial. Now, I realize that to locals it's probably only about 1/4 a mile, but to wretchedly tired out-of-towners, the path does this Harry Potter Dark Arts thing and stretches practically to eternity - some evil little government official with a wand from Olivanders must hide up there and wave the d*mn thing wildly whenever an unsuspecting tourist draws near. Having personally witnessed more than one set of crazed, foaming-at-the-mouth chaperones of entirely done-in 8th grade classes, I can only assume that the monster at the Memorial has a special obsession with placing this spell on school groups!

I have no idea how long it took me to get there, take three pics, and get back to the curb. But it had to have been several days, and when I arrived at the corner, Dh was just pulling up. He did not look annoyed. I had expected that he would be quite exasperated having to drive "around the block" at least 100,000 times while I marched to and from my doom, but he was relieved I hadn't been kidnapped or something. He had attempted to circle the block but instead got siphoned off into a sea of traffic which lead to Arlington! He had no idea where he was going, "I just keep trying to drive towards the Washington Monument. It was the only thing I could see from the car as I was trapped amongst a billion cars!" When he arrived at the corner to pick me up, he had "circled the block" ONCE!

We did not leave with a favorable impression of the town. :glare: Having discovered the metro in subsequent trips, we aren't quite so down on the place now! :lol:

Faith

ROFL :lol:

GPS time?? :) I love my GPS!! :)

actually, i finally put the address where dd is taking her class in the gps and we have made two round trips without going to the pentagon. yay!