Menu

Ready for school

I'm so excited. I think I'm going to be ready for school on time this year. We have started late the past several years due to many reasons (i.e. money for school books wasn't available until later, preparation for the year wasn't complete). I think I'm going to be ready within a week AND have the 2 week break I was wanting before we start school. I'm saving a little prep work for the last part of the school year so maybe that has helped save some time.

My library will be very happy too. No more trips lugging 50+ reserved books several times a week.

I just need to make one more purchase, but that doesn't have to be done for school to start.:)

When do you start? How is planning going for you?

:willy_nilly::eek::scared::banghead:

Plus a few more that show how I feel with only 1.5 days left before we start school.

I thought I would be ready this year. I thought I might actually have a week to do absolutely nothing. I was dreaming. A few science supplies to track down, a few folders to put together, a schedule to print out (this one has me awake at 1am trying to finalize it), checking my list again and again and again...I need a break! Maybe next year...(yeah, right).

At least this year I didn't forget an entire dc! Last year I was frantically ordering her books after our first day ended and I realized I overlooked her completely! Then I went to bed...my water broke...my babies were born...I was gone for a month...yeah, I need a break. :D

:willy_nilly::eek::scared::banghead:

Plus a few more that show how I feel with only 1.5 days left before we start school.

I thought I would be ready this year. I thought I might actually have a week to do absolutely nothing. I was dreaming. A few science supplies to track down, a few folders to put together, a schedule to print out (this one has me awake at 1am trying to finalize it), checking my list again and again and again...I need a break! Maybe next year...(yeah, right).

At least this year I didn't forget an entire dc! Last year I was frantically ordering her books after our first day ended and I realized I overlooked her completely! Then I went to bed...my water broke...my babies were born...I was gone for a month...yeah, I need a break. :D

You can do it!!!

:tongue_smilie: You did good. I needed a 6 month break after my 3rd child was born (a singleton)!!!

I think we are ready start Aug 20. I have all of my 4th grade stuff lined up. I had been struggling with what I would do with my 5 and 6 yr. olds, but finally figured it out last night. I'm just finishing up printing out things and organizing binders. I am still waiting on my k5 math book to come in the mail, fingers crossed it will come in time but oh well if it doesn't.

Thankfully I bought all our books and supplies early in the summer, but now I am trying to build up motivation to get organized and start on the 20th.

Summer has been so fun and I wouldn't mind keeping this summer schedule up for awile more. The kids have started getting on each others nerves recently, so I do think some schoolwork would be good for them!

I've got a lot to do next week. Yikes!

New homeschool area is all set up. Books are all bought. Bookshelves are all set up for each of the kids. School supplies are all stocked. We are ready to go here!

We are doing a staggered start here. DS5 will start Aug 20th while the other 2 are at camp that week - that means we get lots of 1-on-1 time which we don't get nearly enough of.

Then August 27th is the start date for the older 2. Although..... I just found a lego stop motion movie camp that runs that week so DS11 may be going there while the other 2 are in school, so to speak.

I really need to make sure we get off to a good, solid, productive start this year. I am starting to get very worried about what will happen once baby arrives in October! EEK!

I'm not anywhere near ready to start. Not mentally, strategically, nor physically. I had planned to start the Tuesday after Labor Day but now my mom and sister are visiting from Sept 5-10 so that's out the window. I would start on Sept. 11 but I will be at work that day so I guess it will be Sept. 12. I still need to order math, language arts, supplemental history, and decide on a science program.

But at least DD having the chicken pox right now has kept me home enough to clean, paint, and organize the house.