Menu

Talk to me about Map Trek by Knowledge Quest

ednkirstin

I don't use Sonlight, so I can't comment there, but I have MapTrek, and it is really nice, and a very large set of maps. It also includes blank map grids of different types. The ancient set has a lot of Christianity based maps, which you can use or ignore based upon your own preferences, just FYI.

It works well, is easy to navigate, has a clear table of contents, and has a wide array of maps for various time periods.

Hope that helps!

Jen

I don't use Sonlight, so I can't comment there, but I have MapTrek, and it is really nice, and a very large set of maps. It also includes blank map grids of different types. The ancient set has a lot of Christianity based maps, which you can use or ignore based upon your own preferences, just FYI.

It works well, is easy to navigate, has a clear table of contents, and has a wide array of maps for various time periods.

Hope that helps!

Jen

:iagree:

I just purchased this to correlate to Streams of Civilization for this year and I would agree with Jen. The maps are really great and I love that everything is already coordinated to the correct lessons for me. That was the primary reason that I spent the money; I didn't want to do the leg-work myself. :tongue_smilie:

This looks really good, but I'd love to know what others think. I'm looking at using it as a supplement to Sonlight core G instead of the markable map.

I bought MapTrek to use with SL Core G this year based on reviews I got from this board. Did you know MapTrek has schedules to line their maps up with SL Core G, H and 100?

Lisa

Edited by LisaTheresa

Did you know MapTrek has schedules to line their maps up with SL Core G, H and 100?
Knowledge Quest has curriculum integration guides too.
Thanks so much for this! You all made my day since I can now skip the THINKING part trying to put them together. ;) My brain is so fried trying to take care of last minute planning details, I just don't have much thinking ability left. :D

Another question...when you assign the student a map, do you just let them look at the "Teacher" page so they know what's what? If that seems like a stupid question, please take notice that I said my brain is fried...lol.

Edited by ednkirstin
Needed to add a question