Menu

Blister from bug bite?

I had a crazy itchy bite on my foot this morning, and now there's a water blister. If i didnt have to wear boots working tomorrow on my feet all day, i woyld leave it alone. I cant leave it, so do i treat it like a blister from friction?

My plan is shower, clean a needle, pop it, clean with antiseptic wipes, some kind of cream, bandage. Sound good? Anything i'm missing? At least it isn't itchy anymore!

Any idea what i was likely bit by?

I don't know, but I won't be popping anything for awhile. I had a bug bite on my face and apparently scratched it in my sleep. I now have cellulitis....ON MY FACE:glare: Day 2 of antibiotics....hoping the swelling, itching, and pain go away soon. Anyway, yeah, I will forever leave things on my body alone (and bandage itchy things when I sleep:tongue_smilie:)

I get these from a lot of insect bites. I don't try to pop them, but they are so watery that the skin usually just falls off leaving a large open sore (as if I'd scratched a LOT). They look terrible and are prone to infection, so whatever you do, be generous with neosporin and bandaids.

Wow, bug bites can cause that? My ds had three water blisters last month, and I was concerned it was something awful, but they went away without incident. Hmmm...

We just put bactroban on them and covered them with a bandaid, and in the morning the blister was healed over pretty good. I kept the bactroban and bandaid thing going until it was clear to avoid infection, and he is fine now. We were told not to pop anything, so I try to avoid that.

Can you call your doctor's nurse?

• 1 month later...

I went to doctor twice to investigate these bites, unfortunately, they said they wont be able to help more if i dont know what bite me!

Here are the photos, i'm sorry if these gross you out...

They itch really really bad, i got a hydrocortisone injection yesterday which help for a day , now , it started again.. I'm not sure if it is bed bug or flea or something else..

I'm so sleepy but when im starring at my bed, i dont dare to go to sleep....

post-59538-13535087501688_thumb.jpg

post-59538-13535087502205_thumb.jpg

post-59538-13535087502886_thumb.jpg

post-59538-13535087503577_thumb.jpg

post-59538-13535087504628_thumb.jpg

That's exactly how my legs look all summer from gnat bites. :glare: I think I have an allergic reaction. They're MUCH itchier than mosquito bites. Do you live in gnat territory??

i live in wichita kansas