Menu

Assigned Parking Spaces

We live in a rental community where each home is assigned one numbered parking space. There are additional spaces that are not numbered for use by guests and residents with 2 vehicles.

Today, yet again, I come home from doing errands with the kids to find a minivan in my spot. Of all the empty spaces, they chose mine. I'm very :cursing: because now I have further to haul my groceries. Theoretically I can have them towed, but I know that as soon as I call a tow truck, they will leave.

Sorry for the rant, but do people not realize that numbered parking places are not for just anyone? Would you know not to park there? BTW, this wasn't a quick thing like delivering a pizza, they did not leave for 45 minutes after I got home.

I did leave a note one time when some new neighbors seemed to think the numbers were irrelevant and parked in our spot overnight. The problem is that it's never the same person twice. Also, the minivan today had government plates, so I wasn't sure just who I would be ticking off by leaving a note.

If leaving a note doesn't work, leave your car in the lot park right behind them, so they have to come to your house to get out. Obviously, you'll have to stay near a window and check what's happening in the lot frequently.

If you get snow, watch what happens after you shovel your space. Someone's nanny kept parking in mine. Her employer was surprised I was not OK and didn't understand because there were no spaces shoveled for her nanny to use.

If leaving a note doesn't work, leave your car in the lot park right behind them, so they have to come to your house to get out.

I like this one.

Also, if I had a car full of groceries, I wouldn't hesitate to just sit there, leaning on the horn, until someone came out and moved their car.

If leaving a note doesn't work, leave your car in the lot park right behind them, so they have to come to your house to get out. .

This is what we did when we lived in an apartment. People were always genuinely perplexed that we had a problem with them parking in our very clearly numbered space, with a giant "You Will Be Towed" sign above it :confused:. People are strange sometimes :001_smile:.