Menu

Little boys and the spitting...

I'm not sure which one started it, but now I can't get them to stop! They spit when they are mad. They spit when they are rough housing. They spit on bugs. They spit ALL. THE. TIME. No amount of making them stop (see, that's not going so well) by telling them that it is rude/mean/gross makes a difference. Flicking mouths doesn't seem to help. Making them spit on purpose to get it out of their system isn't helping.

And while sitting here typing this and paying special attention to it, I've realized that it's more my almost 3 year old and it's more of a tongue-out "tbtbtbtb" when he doesn't get his way...which happens a lot!

Sincerely,

Swimming in Spit. :tongue_smilie:

Ds was spitting for a while. It was behavioral for him, and before he had the language to use. Dd and i ignored it completely and it stopped. He will still spit if cornered before getting violent (if my father is the one cornering him, he'll lick because my father hates that and will usually let him go).

I have no clue about siblings doung it to each other. Maybe it'll quit if you ignore it.

I'm not sure which one started it, but now I can't get them to stop! They spit when they are mad. They spit when they are rough housing. They spit on bugs. They spit ALL. THE. TIME. No amount of making them stop (see, that's not going so well) by telling them that it is rude/mean/gross makes a difference. Flicking mouths doesn't seem to help. Making them spit on purpose to get it out of their system isn't helping.

And while sitting here typing this and paying special attention to it, I've realized that it's more my almost 3 year old and it's more of a tongue-out "tbtbtbtb" when he doesn't get his way...which happens a lot!

Sincerely,

Swimming in Spit. :tongue_smilie:

Ok, if it's the three-year-old, then really, he's too young for you to have been correcting him for a long time, right? :) Then you continue to correct, every.single.time., forever if necessary.