Menu

Baby wearing. Some questions...

I've used a sling since ds10 was born...love it. Problem is...I lost it! Well, actually, ds5 lost it. :glare: I was blessed to get one from a friend at church but it's one of those ones that can only be used until 3 mos. (Infantino brand). :glare: So, I've heard that you can use any piece of fabric and make it into a sling. Just how do you do that? Until I find my sling (not much hope b/c I've looked everywhere), I need something b/c ds just won't give me a moment's peace unless I'm holding him. Grrr....So, any suggestions on making my own would be helpful. Thanks!

Cadam (Christina) gave me this advice in another post:

My single most important piece of baby equipment was a sling at that age. If cost is an issue then any large piece of fabric (old sheet even) will do the trick. YOu can find sites on line that will show you different ways to wrap the material.

I just used 3 yards of fabric that was suppose to be pillows and never made it. I hemmed the fabric, tied it and threw the baby in... happy baby!

This is probably overkill, but here is a list of websites with patterns to make your own sling. It is separated based on what kind of sling you would like to make. (I LOVE pouch slings - they are so easy to use - and easy to take with you anywhere - and shouldn't be too difficult to make.)

I LOVED having a backpack with Abbie. She needed to be held all. the. time. and I got nothing done, not to mention that I had a 1 year old to take care of too. I have pictures of myself cooking Christmas dinner with Abbie in the backpack. :lol:

Recently, I was able to find a nice backpack at a consignment store here for cheap, and we took the Snort gem mining in it. He slept in it and everything. He prefers to be on his own power at home, but he loves to be in it when we're out somewhere because he can see everything.

I want to try out a hotsling carrier(pouch).

I have a Mei Tai that I won off of Ebay and ds loves it. I mainly wear it around the house, although when he gets bigger I will wear it elsewhere too. Just trying to get used to it, since I have never carried the other 2.

I am afraid to try the ring slings, afraid they might slip.

Hope you find something that works for you :001_smile: