Menu

Help! Need recommendations for a Steamer Mop

I used my Shark (until it died an untimely death:glare:) and now my Haan on laminate with no ill effects. Just make sure to keep the steam mop moving. I bought the Haan based on Amazon reviews. It feels sturdier than the Shark, but it's also heavier. I liked using the Shark better, but the Haan seems like a higher quality product.

Not much help, am I? :tongue_smilie:

I have a Haan and like it a lot. I have been using it on our laminate floors for 4 years without any problems. The manual states that it can be used on laminate, hardwood, tile, and carpet(with an attachment).

I would recommend you get extra pads. I have 6, but usually go through 3 or 4 when I mop. I have found that I get streaks on the laminate when the pad gets too wet.

I can tell you that we are on our third Shark steam mop. Luckily, I bought them all at Costco. That's the only reason I keep buying them. They've each lasted around a year, and we don't mop much. When it dies, I take it back to Costco. They happily refund my money, and I buy another one.

So I guess this is more a testimonial to Costco. They have an awesome return policy!

I researched a few of them and ended up with a Haan. I like it. I have nothing to compare it to, though. I wonder if it cleans as good as wiping the floor by hand with a rag. Sometimes a lot of black comes on my white rags when I wipe the floor even a day after steam mopping it which makes me wonder how clean it got.

I researched a few of them and ended up with a Haan. I like it. I have nothing to compare it to, though. I wonder if it cleans as good as wiping the floor by hand with a rag. Sometimes a lot of black comes on my white rags when I wipe the floor even a day after steam mopping it which makes me wonder how clean it got.

Yep. I am not convinced that the steam mop actually cleans. After I started using my shark mop Ds begged me to go back to my old method of cleaning the floor. I did, to compare, and, yes, the floor was cleaner. After I complained to my friend, who recommended the mop in the first place, she said "Oh, you can only use those between cleanings. That's all I ever use mine for." :confused: I wanted a steam mop to make cleaning easier and to replace all the scrubbing and water I use!

I have a Eureka Enviro Steam mop. I got it a couple years ago because it was one of the few that I read about whose steam is hot enough to sanitize. The first time I used it, it spit water out, but since then it works great, doesn't get too wet, and cleans very well. Too be honest though, if I want to do a quick mop, I still use my old swiffer mop with a spray cleaner and a rag attached. Less hassle, but not as clean in my opinion. Also, I use my spray cleaner (just an all-purpose, natural...I can't remember the name) with my steam mop too.