Menu

so unsure to let go. Curriculum change woes.

mrs.m

I have used CLE for many years with my older children. But it is not my youngest's style. He needs the lesson to go quickly and not skip around so much because he looses focus so easily. So I moved to FLL 1, WWE 1, AAS 1, Sonlight Readers, and kept CLE Math (still a challenge but I couldn't settle on changing this one). He's flying through FLL 1 & AAS 1 and really seems to like them. He asks me to read the books that are the passages in WWE 1. Our days are going better.

However, we haven't finished 1st grade CLE LA, so I'm still working to finish ONLY the phonics lessons and mostly done orally. CLE is so complete and I never worried that anything was being left out. For example, I saw alphabetizing in one of the future lessons and wondered where in the mix above he'll get more of that. And all the other odds and ends that I honestly don't think about and maybe do not matter so much.

I guess I don't deal well with change because I just want to order CLE and do what makes me comfortable. But then I'll fight with him all year. :tongue_smilie:

Just assure me that FFL and WWE are complete. And I made the right decision. Please. :lol:

but those urging me to do seem to tell me it is less teacher intensive than fll/wwe.

Also FLL/WWE is non Christian if that is an issue for you.

Also perhaps CLE moves a little slower.

All things to be considered if you want to switch.

I personally cannot use CLE because it is NOT paid for by our charter school and we don;t have the extra funds right now to purchase Christian materials.

Husband has not been working consistently lately.

Ok sorry Pregnancy brain---I just realized i really didn;t answer your question nor read your message clearly.

But since you already used CLE with your older kids as you go through FLL/WWE you can see what he isnt getting. Let us know too if spot any holes. Assuming you did them all with previous children, I believe you have all the books there right? If so just refer to them when you spot something not being covered.

Edited by happycc
updated because of my pregnancy not reading her message clearly in the first place

I have used CLE for many years with my older children. But it is not my youngest's style. He needs the lesson to go quickly and not skip around so much because he looses focus so easily. So I moved to FLL 1, WWE 1, AAS 1, Sonlight Readers, and kept CLE Math (still a challenge but I couldn't settle on changing this one). He's flying through FLL 1 & AAS 1 and really seems to like them. He asks me to read the books that are the passages in WWE 1. Our days are going better.

However, we haven't finished 1st grade CLE LA, so I'm still working to finish ONLY the phonics lessons and mostly done orally. CLE is so complete and I never worried that anything was being left out. For example, I saw alphabetizing in one of the future lessons and wondered where in the mix above he'll get more of that. And all the other odds and ends that I honestly don't think about and maybe do not matter so much.

I guess I don't deal well with change because I just want to order CLE and do what makes me comfortable. But then I'll fight with him all year. :tongue_smilie:

Just assure me that FFL and WWE are complete. And I made the right decision. Please. :lol:

Well, if it helps, I know they do alphabetizing in FLL.