Menu

Am I ready to start on Wednesday?

Anyone else starting on 8/1? I'm just hoping I have everything ready. I hate getting into it and realizing I forgot ______.

School supplies, check.

Books for everyone, check.

Ordered the ones I missed, check. I always miss something!

Photocopies, check.

AHhhhhhhh, science experiment supplies --- opps! I better get on this before Wednesday.

I am excited to get back to a schedule. I don't feel so crispy right now either so that's good. But I'm not back to my enthusiastic homeschooler attitude either. My plan is to make it to December and then take a month off. :D

:grouphug::grouphug: We can do this!!

I have everything except science experiment supplies, but we won't start with that until Sept. We will start wed if I am not in the hospital! We have to take two weeks in January for musical and I like to be done by the start of May with recital preparations. We sort of started yesterday....we are doing lessons in the history of the Olympics and doing a lapbook. Wednesday we start with English, Math, history, spelling and memory work. I am holding off in science and Latin until after baby comes.

We're starting on Wednesday, but it's fast becoming a joke to be able to start when I want. June is extremely busy for us, so we start in August and finish in May.

Our church is adding a homeschool group and I had some things to donate. But since the building is in the process to be built and the "homeschool library" will be housed there, I couldn't very well give the boxes of books I'm donating for someone else to store. So I offered to store my own, but get together for labeling on Friday. She couldn't do it any other day. We start Wednesday. Okay, so chuck school on Friday. The lady lives an hour from me.

Now she wants everyone to get together, probably a one time thing, to coordinate what certain people will be doing. Fine. But now that's on the 17th at 11:30 am with a Potluck. What the heck is it with women and potlucks? Good grief! Okay, so chuck Friday number 2. Again, she's an hour from me. One way. I have two dr's appts that I've waited a month for, a dentist appt and a cut and color between Aug 13th and August 24. Last year it's the only time other family members could visit. Doesn't matter what I want.

I'm so ticked. It's a battle to have my own schedule. Schools here start on the 6th of August. And these Fridays! Doesn't anyone school their kids at normal hours? At least dd is finally old enough to stay home alone. She's just 12, but the month is fast become a joke, as usual, year after year.

I'm doomed before I start and I'm really, really, annoyed. Every year it's a battle.

This is exactly why I don't volunteer for anything.

Vent over.

We're starting on Wednesday, but it's fast becoming a joke to be able to start when I want. June is extremely busy for us, so we start in August and finish in May.

Our church is adding a homeschool group and I had some things to donate. But since the building is in the process to be built and the "homeschool library" will be housed there, I couldn't very well give the boxes of books I'm donating for someone else to store. So I offered to store my own, but get together for labeling on Friday. She couldn't do it any other day. We start Wednesday. Okay, so chuck school on Friday. The lady lives an hour from me.

Now she wants everyone to get together, probably a one time thing, to coordinate what certain people will be doing. Fine. But now that's on the 17th at 11:30 am with a Potluck. What the heck is it with women and potlucks? Good grief! Okay, so chuck Friday number 2. Again, she's an hour from me. One way. I have two dr's appts that I've waited a month for, a dentist appt and a cut and color between Aug 13th and August 24. Last year it's the only time other family members could visit. Doesn't matter what I want.

I'm so ticked. It's a battle to have my own schedule. Schools here start on the 6th of August. And these Fridays! Doesn't anyone school their kids at normal hours? At least dd is finally old enough to stay home alone. She's just 12, but the month is fast become a joke, as usual, year after year.

I'm doomed before I start and I'm really, really, annoyed. Every year it's a battle.

This is exactly why I don't volunteer for anything.

Vent over.

:grouphug::grouphug:I get this. I keep my volunteer commitments to one event yearly. I can't do more than that.