Menu

A Lesson a Day Math Curricula

Hunter

Singapore can be used as one lesson per day. I don't know anything about the HIG, but I present the lesson and we do the textbook togetherand stop where the little pencil is that marks the workbook pages. My kids do the workbook on their own, I correct, they fix any mistakes... Done.

Singapore can be used as one lesson per day. I don't know anything about the HIG, but I present the lesson and we do the textbook togetherand stop where the little pencil is that marks the workbook pages. My kids do the workbook on their own, I correct, they fix any mistakes... Done.

Yes, the HIG lists each day's lesson, and there is the little pencil in the text to remind you to stop and do your workbook exercise for the day.

Thank you everyone. I'll re-look at some of these curricula and take my first look at others of them.

It's funny how priorities can change, when reality hits. It seems like such a little thing for the problems to be organized into daily lessons, but it's not a little thing right now for some of my students and me.

Over the years I've done the spectrum of spoon-feeding individualized lesson plans, to having a student independently complete a correspondence course. I seem to bring out some sort of co-dependent behavior in students when I try to "help" too much. I don't know if this is an unusual flaw, or if many people struggle with it, but the thing that people often praise me for, seems to hurt my students in the long run. Yeh, I can get a struggling student from point A to point F in record time, but then...I seem to have crippled them somehow :-0 And our general relationship with each other is affected.

I'm realizing that the FIRST priority for MY student is to be able to work as independently as possible, with some goals set at least partially by someone else. Sigh! I feel flawed, and like a bit of a personal failure. I don't know if this is directly a result of my trauma background, but I really hate it that I think I'm affecting others so negatively, when I'm only trying to help. I'd rather take a long and hard look at myself and fix this NOW rather than continue on the path I'm on. And to find that tools that will shore up MY weaknesses as much as possible, so my students can have the best possible education, within the reality that I have to offer. I don't care how "good" people think I am as a mom/tutor. I just want my students to be as okay as possible, in every way, not just academically.