Menu

Writing Paper for a 2nd grader?

tuzor

This weekend I went to Walmart to take advantage of their back to schoool sales. While looking for writing paper I saw that the filler paper/loose leaf paper was cheaper that the paper with the big lines for beginner writers.

Does your second grader use regular wide ruled paper?

We just started 2nd...I had made some paper last year that was about 1/2" wide with a dotted line in the middle. I ran out of what I made and bought some that is bigger and labeled for 2nd grade. I thought it would make life easier at the beginning of the school year, with it being bigger. Not! My son is having a cow. He hates the paper and says it is way too big. I was wondering when people switch to regular, wide-ruled paper, too...:bigear:

We aren't doing much writing yet but I will buy the 2nd grade paper for my ds. His handwriting isn't the best so he needs the lines and space. I am hoping that since we are starting cursive this year and I've read that some do cursive better that it will be the case for us.

We just started 2nd...I had made some paper last year that was about 1/2" wide with a dotted line in the middle. I ran out of what I made and bought some that is bigger and labeled for 2nd grade. I thought it would make life easier at the beginning of the school year, with it being bigger. Not! My son is having a cow. He hates the paper and says it is way too big. I was wondering when people switch to regular, wide-ruled paper, too...:bigear:

While at Walmart they had the school supplies listed by school so I checked out several of the second grade lists. I was curious to see when children switch to wide ruled paper as well. Some of the classes listed wide ruled paper others did not say at all.

Today I decided to have my son write a sentence on the paper to see how he did. He did not have any problems. Hopefully he will be fine during the school year.

While at Walmart they had the school supplies listed by school so I checked out several of the second grade lists. I was curious to see when children switch to wide ruled paper as well. Some of the classes listed wide ruled paper others did not say at all.

Today I decided to have my son write a sentence on the paper to see how he did. He did not have any problems. Hopefully he will be fine during the school year.

Good to know...I may try this, as well.

In my 2nd grade class we start out with specialty paper, and then I transition them to wide rule in preparation for third during the last trimester.

I will say that a handful of my kids are not ready still at the end of the year, and about half could have used it from the beginning. It depends on the individual student.