Menu

What should we do?

Our two kids are going to visit family for two weeks next week. They are very excited as this is their first trip together away from home (DD did one a month ago to my mothers home).

I want to plan a few fun dates and a small trip with DH...I'll drive up to four-ish hours from Baton Rouge...

What say you hive? What are some things you'd want to do?

Our two kids are going to visit family for two weeks next week. They are very excited as this is their first trip together away from home (DD did one a month ago to my mothers home).

I want to plan a few fun dates and a small trip with DH...I'll drive up to four-ish hours from Baton Rouge...

What say you hive? What are some things you'd want to do?

Come to New Orleans, of course.

LOL. That's actually what I'm thinking. Do you recommend any place to stay in particular. We've never really gone down and just 'visited' for a bit.

There are lots of nice and/or historic hotels in the city - but I wouldn't know about those, lol. When we travel, we usually stick with Hampton Inns. They are not luxurious but quite nice, imo, and we've never had one be yuck or dirty. They always have the free breakfast and wifi.

The downtown one can actually be pretty reasonable, especially if you go mid-week rather than over the weekend. If you're driving, the ones in Metairie and Elmwood are close to the city and will work as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about the gators with it being just me and dh. I am not yet convinced that dd wouldn't get into the water. She loves kayaking and she loves the water. She usually does well, but she is still young enough that I don't trust her in that situation yet.

My kids are gone for two weeks, the first time they are both gone like this. I'm so borrrrrreeeeeeedddddd! I've spent a bit of time writing course descriptions for excitement. (I work part time too.)

Dh and I went out to dinner twice.

I hope you have a whole lot more fun than I'm having!

My kids are gone for two weeks, the first time they are both gone like this. I'm so borrrrrreeeeeeedddddd! I've spent a bit of time writing course descriptions for excitement. (I work part time too.)

You poor soul! You've been reduced to writing course descriptions for fun!? That's awful! :svengo:

Too bad you don't live nearby...we could go on some fieldtrips, lol!

Perhaps it's just me and the fact that dh and I have not seen a whole lot of each other these past 2 months, but trust, me time away from teenage kids who NEVER go to bed would be time well spent. ;)

Perhaps it's just me and the fact that dh and I have not seen a whole lot of each other these past 2 months, but trust, me time away from teenage kids who NEVER go to bed would be time well spent. ;)

Amen sister! :D

When I was growing up we were sent to our rooms at 8:30 and were to do all of our business before bed. We each learned in our own way (only one of us were caught), why we were sent to bed/our rooms...our parents wanted their alone time :tongue_smilie:. We were scarred, lol.