Menu

Correcting a library book

I just finished knitting a pattern I found in a library book. This pattern had major errors that were listed on the publishers site. Sadly I did not know about the errors and countless hours of knitting frustrations had me searching for an answer where I found the errors listed. Now I am ready to return the library book, should I make note of the corrections in the book? I was thinking of typing up the corrections and taping them to the book, but is that wrong? Maybe typing the corrections and bringing them in with the book to talk to the librarian. Or should I do nothing, let the next person figure this out themself?

I agree with Betty. Maybe print out something and see what the librarian thinks.

I get annoyed with people that write political or theological opinions in the margins of library books, but a knitting instruction error is a whole different story. Nobody wants to go through the process of dealing with an instruction error.

Honestly, I would just type it and stick it in there with a single piece of tape so it doesn't shake loose and not mention it. If it doesn't stick out they won't notice in a million years (I can't even begin to count the number of papers and bookmarks I've found in library books over the years) and I think it would be their preference not to bother or to simply get rid of the book.

I just finished knitting a pattern I found in a library book. This pattern had major errors that were listed on the publishers site. Sadly I did not know about the errors and countless hours of knitting frustrations had me searching for an answer where I found the errors listed. Now I am ready to return the library book, should I make note of the corrections in the book? I was thinking of typing up the corrections and taping them to the book, but is that wrong? Maybe typing the corrections and bringing them in with the book to talk to the librarian. Or should I do nothing, let the next person figure this out themself?

I'd do the bolded.

Having found someone's prescription for some toiletting device, an ad for some gator skin products, and, most recently, a ticket stub from an international flight, I see nothing untoward about including errata. Those are so frustrating.