Menu

I am officially excited for next year

After the rejection from the school board we were going to go with for p/t online junior high I was in a panic about next year and my goals for the bigs.

Today I spoke with our old school board confirming the kids registrations, and the fall online lit classes and it looks like the kids were accepted to the board and will have spots in the online lit classes (fables & tales I for ds8, and intro the great books for the older 2 as well as a couple other ones like modern literature for the bigs).

AND ds8 and I talked last night on the phone. In summer school yesterday they read the tortoise and the hare and he loved it. It was the first time he actually remembered what he learned there and told me about it with excitement in his voice. SO I let him know we had more Aesop's fables here and he begged me to plan it as part of his grade 3 this fall. We have the Evan Moor Aesop's fables lit pockets so we will be starting our year off learning aesop's fables.

I also think I am going to use OM for the younger 2.

Over all I am very excited about starting our new year. Last week I was in a panic, for the month before that I was not excited about next year, more like I was resigned to the plan for the year.

I am currently like a kid right before xmas excited to get everything in place and have the 1st day arrive.