Menu

Goodreads - How do you use it?

I use it as a book log. I have an account and each of my readers also have their own accounts. That's where we keep track of books read. I create bookshelves with years, too, so we can see at a glance how many books per year we've each read.

Every account has a default "read," "currently reading," and "to-read" bookshelf, so if you see a book you want to read, you can add it to your "to read" shelf.

I am also friends with lots of my reader friends, so if they review a book or are reading a book that sounds interesting, I can mark it "to read." And you can comment on reviews, so friends and I can have a little chit chat about books on goodreads, too.

I use it as a book log. I have an account and each of my readers also have their own accounts. That's where we keep track of books read. I create bookshelves with years, too, so we can see at a glance how many books per year we've each read.

Every account has a default "read," "currently reading," and "to-read" bookshelf, so if you see a book you want to read, you can add it to your "to read" shelf.

I am also friends with lots of my reader friends, so if they review a book or are reading a book that sounds interesting, I can mark it "to read." And you can comment on reviews, so friends and I can have a little chit chat about books on goodreads, too.

:iagree: I also really like the recommendation features, as I've found that it gives pretty good recommendations. I enjoy recommending books to others too.

As Mystie said, I've set up different shelves (some by year, others by publishers/award-winning books) & I like that it tracks them for you. You can even see how many pages you've read (which I think is kind of cool). For the 'default' shelves, I added a few more such as "abandoned" and "set aside for now but want to read later" to help me track books like that too. I enjoy being friends w/ a variety of folks on there, esp. ones w/ similar reading tastes because I've gotten some good book ideas & discussions that way.

FYI, here's my Goodreads page, so you can see some of the stuff I've set up (just to give you some ideas).

I love that Goodreads keeps a book log. I keep it for TBR books as well as completed books. I try to do reviews as much as possible, but when I read other people's reviews I feel a bit intimidated and out of my league

I'm also friends with many other bookish people so I also enjoy getting their updates each day. Do you subscribe to that? I think it's fun to see what my friends put on their TBR list or read their reviews.