Menu

Parties of 5, what car do you drive?

We have a 2012 Mazda 5.

I wanted something smaller than our previous minivans. This seats 6, has great mileage, and it's low-priced. The 2 rows of bucket seats in the back each fold down individually. I usually keep 5 seats up and the 6th one down for more storage (but it goes up with just a quick tug in case we have company). Both side doors slide open like a minvan's. We got the base model brand new for less than 20K.

HERE IT IS

:iagree:

And it's the only van with a standard shift option.

I look forward to not having my Odyssey in about 6 or 7 years (if it lasts). The steering wheel has always vibrated on the highway. The tires wear out quickly. It can't handle as much weight as we would like it to for camping. I am totally paranoid that the transmission is going to fail from what I've read about it. They didn't change the defective transmission until 2007, we bought in 2006.

We had one of the sliding doors repaired 2x in 5 years.

The car has been making noises on initial acceleration for awhile. We took it in to Honda twice and they clamped the heat shield 2x, which made no difference. I think they know it's the transmission and want to avoid the problem. We need to bring it in a 3x.

I would not recommend the Odyssey to anyone.

I have a Honda Pilot, and I love it. It holds 8, so Ican haul another mom and her 3. Kids.

Hi,

Have not read the rest of the thread yet.

How big are your kids?

Two of my three are over 6'. The third is 5'8" and growing. We fit in a yukon but there is no head room and they sit above the air bag/head room safe margin, in my opinion.

Saturn Vue gives room for their height, but they are packed like sardines.

I'm on my 4th Cadillac Escalade.

Benefits:

1. Seats 5 kiddos in the back two rows very comfortably.

2. Outstanding entertainment package. We can have one kiddo watching a movie while two are playing separate video games.

3. Lots of growing room.

4. It's a tank. If you wreck one of these, you will live through it.

5. Heated/cooled cupholders for the driver and front passenger. (I like my Diet Cokes cold.)

6. Big compartment up front which holds diapers, Ipads, and a toy or two.

Negatives:

1. 14mpg

2. Harder to get car seat kiddos out of the 3rd row than a van which can cheat and put them in from the hatchback.

:)

Hi,

Have not read the rest of the thread yet.

How big are your kids?

Two of my three are over 6'. The third is 5'8" and growing. We fit in a yukon but there is no head room and they sit above the air bag/head room safe margin, in my opinion.

Saturn Vue gives room for their height, but they are packed like sardines.

Well, we went on vacation with my 2 sisters and my niece in my Pilot, so we had 4 adults and my older kids. But, we are all very short, my sisters and I are all around 5'2". My oldest dd is 5'7", but she is taller than my dh.

I have a Toyota Sequoia. Not a gas saver for sure, but we love it. It gets around 17-18mpg. It is a 2004 and runs like the day we bought it! It has around 120K miles on it. I think it is good for at least another 100K miles, possibly more.

Dawn