Menu

birthday gift ideas for an 8 year old boy

my son turns 8 in a couple weeks...and I am looking for some really cool ideas.

A little about him...

he loves to see how things work

he loves soccer

he loves playing outside

he loves puzzles

he loves science

but I am open to lots of other things...please give me some great ideas!!

we have one of these (stomp rockets)...bought that for my other son when he was 9, I think...lots of fun!!!

I forgot about mindware and I have never heard of Museum tour...off to check those out. thanks.

my son turns 8 in a couple weeks...and I am looking for some really cool ideas.

A little about him...

he loves to see how things work

he loves soccer

he loves playing outside

he loves puzzles

he loves science

but I am open to lots of other things...please give me some great ideas!!

I have a boy who is going to turn 8 in a couple weeks too.

Mine is all about sports stuff at the moment. I set up a portable basketball system as an "early" birthday gift.

Today I found a beautiful Lacrosse helmet (exactly the one we wanted) in a shop that sells used gear. I was blown away to get a $100-110 helmet for $29. The things is barely used. He will be so stoked!

He also gets a math book on bithdays and special holidays like Christmas (it's how I know you love me dad) and I was hoping for Beast Academy 3C. But 3A/B are out (if you have a math loving kid who expects a good book).

Bill (probably of zero help :D)

Bey blades are all the rage with my 8yo ds and all his friends!

Boy were Beyblades the rage at my house!

I'm sheepish to admit it but I can have an informed discussion about customizations of Performance Tips and Fushion Wheels, and their merits in Stamina, Attack, Balance, or Defensive modes. Good grief.

I even took my son and a friend to a number of World Beyblade Organization (WBO) sanctioned tournaments. It was near "obsession" level.

And then. It was over. One day. Bang.

I had a grand time while it lasted. Beyblades are fun.

Bill

Boy were Beyblades the rage at my house!

I'm sheepish to admit it but I can have an informed discussion about customizations of Performance Tips and Fushion Wheels, and their merits in Stamina, Attack, Balance, or Defensive modes. Good grief.

I even took my son and a friend to a number of World Beyblade Organization (WBO) sanctioned tournaments. It was near "obsession" level.

And then. It was over. One day. Bang.

I had a grand time while it lasted. Beyblades are fun.

Bill

:lol::lol::lol:

It felt a little weird to be standing in Target yesterday debating with my ds over which ones were better. They are still a big deal in Asia (so far) but they are pricey. I can't believe how cheap they are here!

So question: which stadium should I buy him? I need something a little more durable than that thin plastic one he got originally.

:lol::lol::lol:

It felt a little weird to be standing in Target yesterday debating with my ds over which ones were better. They are still a big deal in Asia (so far) but they are pricey. I can't believe how cheap they are here!

So question: which stadium should I buy him? I need something a little more durable than that thin plastic one he got originally.

BB-10.

There is no question that the BB-10 "Attack" stadium is the one to get. It is the only stadium sanctioned by the WBO for tournament play. The BB-10 makes for fast and exciting play, and the open design helps "attack" types remain a viable option (vs "stamina" or "defense" types).

Is the BB-10 a cheap piece of plastic? Pretty much, except in the USA one can play $50 for an imported BB-10. Hasbro stadiums can be had here for $10-15, but they are quite inferior to the BB-10. Take advantage of being in Asia.

BTW, the BB-10 attack stadium is usually made of clear plastic, but their are colored variation. Stick with the clear option, as the painted ones can flake and/or rub off on performance tips.

1...2...3...Go shoot!

Bill :D