Menu

Come on baby!

I've got EPO and red raspberry leaf tea. I can't do too much walking because I sprained my ankle. I'm not drinking castor oil. I tried that with one baby when I was several days past due, and all it did was the unpleasant clearing out. I suppose I could look suggestively at my husband.

Any other possibilities?

I've got EPO and red raspberry leaf tea. I can't do too much walking because I sprained my ankle. I'm not drinking castor oil. I tried that with one baby when I was several days past due, and all it did was the unpleasant clearing out. I suppose I could look suggestively at my husband.

Any other possibilities?

Just remember that later babies are easier babies. Early babies are needier, in my experience. And the baby triggers labor, not you, so nothing you do is going to make it happen sooner. These last few weeks the brain is really doing amazing things, and that makes for a calmer, more organized baby when he/she finally comes.

Besides, normal gestation is about 41 weeks, so it makes sense that you wouldn't go early. You just have sensible babies.

I have less than two weeks until my due date. I'm 70% effaced and dilated to 3.5. I just want to be done. And yet, I've never gone early without an induction. Why can't my children be more cooperative?

I completely understand where you're coming from! I'm not really looking forward to being there myself in December. I've heard that eating papaya is a natural inducer (never tried it, but came pretty close the last time around). I hope he or she comes soon.

Any other possibilities?

I was to chicken to try castor oil, but someone told me that Caro syrup in Coke would work just the same. NOT!!:glare: Dd was 2 weeks late and I had to be induced! I will never try anything like that again! It was so sweet & syrupy that it made me feel sick whick only worsened my situation.

LOL, you never know! None of mine have been induced, and my first three babies were 6, 8, and 5 days past their due dates. So we figured we had until about July 29th last year before we'd see baby #4. Wasn't even on my radar to see him before at least July 20th.

His birthday is July 12th. Anything is possible!