Menu

Critical Thinking Co.'s new World History Detective for Logic Stage

I just got my World History Detective in the mail and it looks really interesting. Is anyone else planning to use this? I'd like to coordinate it with K12 Human Odyssey.

I believe WTM recommends the American History version from Critical Thinking Co. for logic stage American history.

Just curious if anyone else has taken a look or has found a way to incorporate this. Was thinking of making it a "Friday thing."

It covers through Medieval, so I will be using only half (36 weeks) this year.

I got it, and I like how it looks! I'm planning to have DD do one lesson per chapter of K12 Human Odyssey for most chapters (some don't line up well, but most chapters will have an accompanying World History Detective exercise). I'm excited that this came out in time for us to use it this year.

Edited by edelweiss

I've got it in my cart and plan to use it orally to add to our history discussions over the next couple of years, since we'll be doing world history. I'm glad to see it's out. It was originally scheduled to be released in September.

Lisa

Oh boy.....now I have a dilemma. My grade 5 this past year used K12HO vol1 with Ancients HO from Pandia. Although parts were interesting, I found that there was a lot of jumping around from one civilization to another and back again with Ancients. We did not complete the Ancients book (got as far as the Greeks). My son really enjoyed the K12 readings though.

In September (grade 6), I was looking at using SOTW with K12 and continuing from where we left off. Now I have seen the History Detective and am starting to think that it may be a fun alternative to combine with K12. Ugh......

Any thoughts?

Well, darn! We just finished year 2 of our 4 year history cycle. I will be starting with the critical thinking in US history resource. I have two of those books for next year and I have to say they look interesting.

I would have been very, very tempted to get the world history books last year.

I do wish Critical Thinking Press materials weren't so geared towards the classroom, though. And, the US History book is laid out in a VERY confusticating manner. I did a board search to figure out how to use them, and it was a common complaint. Let's just say it is a valid criticism. I am still not entirely certain how to use them.

Well, darn! We just finished year 2 of our 4 year history cycle. I will be starting with the critical thinking in US history resource. I have two of those books for next year and I have to say they look interesting.

I would have been very, very tempted to get the world history books last year.

I do wish Critical Thinking Press materials weren't so geared towards the classroom, though. And, the US History book is laid out in a VERY confusticating manner. I did a board search to figure out how to use them, and it was a common complaint. Let's just say it is a valid criticism. I am still not entirely certain how to use them.

I have them too, and thought the same thing.