Menu

Dumb question re: carpet cleaning by a professional company ....

Do I have to stay there while they do the carpets? This is at a rental we own; they're doing three bedrooms. Do I have to be there when they finish, or do they just lock up and bill me? Haven't done this before!

I always stayed for things like that when I was responsible for a rental my parents owned, unless the tenant was willing to be there. In those cases I'd either leave a check or have requested a bill be sent.

However, you might be there to let them in and then have them call you when they are almost done so you can come back to inspect/pay. Although with only 3 bedrooms it probably won't take long enough to make it worth the travel time (depending on the distance).

It varies with the company, and how much you trust them. Ask the company you plan on using.

We have one guy we now use exclusively that we gave the key to my mom's condo so he could work on some really bad stains. I think he went in five times - but he also got them out. when he was done, he sent us the bill.

I've also had cleaners I wouldn't leave the house for . . . .(if you get my drift.)