Menu

My sister and her DH rented a houseboat

We did this once! I was so paranoid I made poor DS (then 2) *sleep* in his life jacket for the first couple of nights, until DH convinced me that he couldn't climb out of the pack-n-play.

Of course, DH's family has some sort of wacky boat curse . . . but since you aren't us, you should have a great time. :D

I agree with Kathleen in VA (I think that's who I saw post this), take notes, definitely book material. Depending on what happens it could be humor, non-fiction, mystery, etc.

On the life jackets, we were fortunate enough to have a wonderful person help us when we first bought our canoes to help us fit our children in life vests. This is so very important. He had them try them on and if you can pick them up by the shoulders and they don't slip out you are okay, if they do you can get a webbing that is just like the one that buckles them in that goes though their legs to make sure they will not slip out of their vest. Even if they can swim this is so important should they black out in some type of fall.

Have a wonderful, magical, story producing, memory making time.

Blessings,

Barbara in NH

Sometimes there are problems with pockets of carbon monoxide in the water around the houseboats. (Not trying to scare you-just want you to be informed if you don't already know. You can google Lake Powell carbon monoxide)

I'm sure you'll have fun!