Menu

Do you collect magazines and/or catalogs?

I used to have about 5 years worth of Sonlight catalogs and I finally threw them out in the "Great Purge". And now I'm sitting here wishing I still had them.

I also collected Practical Homeschooling magazines because I did like to go back and read articles. But I threw them out as well. I'm kind of bummed here!

And I had all 3 editions of TWTM and got rid of the first two. What was I thinking??

I also had lots of Sunlight catalogues and tons of homeschool mags and decluttered them all. Haven't missed them. I didn't know that there are now 3 editions of TWTM, I just got rid of my first edition but still have the 2nd.

I am trying not to miss anything that I have tossed, it is the only way that I can toss stuff.

I used to have about 5 years worth of Sonlight catalogs and I finally threw them out in the "Great Purge". And now I'm sitting here wishing I still had them.

I also collected Practical Homeschooling magazines because I did like to go back and read articles. But I threw them out as well. I'm kind of bummed here!

And I had all 3 editions of TWTM and got rid of the first two. What was I thinking??

You were thinking that you don't want to become a hoarder! Remember the curricula are always being update. 5 year old catalogs are out of date.

Good for you for purging! Give a bit and you'll be fine with not having them around. Whatcha gonna put in all that empty space now?

Signed,

Kalah (who gets paid to help people agonizingly, slowly purge years and years worth of stuff. One lady had an entire room 12x12 to the ceiling of boxes full of old magazines, catalogs, and mail.)

Got rid of all my homeschooling catalogs this year after I bought curriculum. I am not a magazine person, either. I got rid of a bunch of books recently, too. I am trying not to miss them. ;)

I love magazines and buy them used for $0.70 a piece. In theory I will clip the articles I want and toss the rest. Someday.

I love to leaf through magazines. I even read my DH's game magazines and I am barely competent to play the latest Mario games. *sigh* I played Super Princess Peach when I was on bedrest though.

Is there where I confess that I still have a stack of the (sadly now defunct) Common Reader catalogs?

I could see keeping WTM, 1st edition, as well as the more current edition. The first edition suggested a lot of good titles for all three stages of history as it was written before SWB wrote most of her SOTW and HOTW books.

Regards,

Kareni