Menu

Terrible News, please pray

Thanks again, everyone. Haven't heard any updates, yet. I couldn't sleep much last night. The kids were getting worried because I kept having bouts of sobbing. I just can't stand it. They are such a nice family. I just saw the dad on Thursday. He started a business this year and is exhausted from work, a newborn and their older daughter who will be 2 in August. He was really looking forward to this vacation. Of course I feel horrible for Ben, but if he pulls through, he won't remember any of this. His mother, on the other hand, will never forget. Her sister told me that she thinks it all her fault, which we all know it isn't. But, she's fine physically and her kid is not, so I think I have a small inkling of how she must be feeling. Ugh. I know I'm not high up on the contact list, but I hope I hear something soon.

Thank you for your prayers and support for Ben and his family.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Praying with you still.

My heart just aches for Ben's mom. Praying that he is miraculously okay.

I have been following the Caring Bridge updates of the little 5yo boy that fell out of the upstairs window and landed on his face on concrete. (His mom asked for prayer here) I am just AMAZED at how well he is doing and the fact that he is going home soon! You just never know. :grouphug:

The little boy that I'm supposed to start babysitting in 2 weeks needs prayers. His mom was walking down the stairs with him at 3 in the morning last night. She tripped and fell and the baby fell out her arms. He fractured his skull and there is some bleeding in his head. He's in the hospital now and may need surgery. That's all I know for now. :crying:

ETA: His name is Ben and he is 10 weeks old.

Oh MY God!! I am praying for Ben and his Mom. This was always a deep fear of mine! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I pray he recovers fully and Mommy does too.

Please update!

Praying with you still.

I have been following the Caring Bridge updates of the little 5yo boy that fell out of the upstairs window and landed on his face on concrete. (His mom asked for prayer here) I am just AMAZED at how well he is doing and the fact that he is going home soon! You just never know. :grouphug:

I know. I've been following him, too. That situation is truly miraculous. Reading what happened to him made me sick to my stomach. Especially since his sister saw him fall! His parents are very brave. It does give me hope for Ben that if Desmond can survive his ordeal, Ben will be okay.

Praying with you still.

Going through this right now, but at the end of inpatient rehab and soon to be going home stage, yay Desmond!

My thoughts are with Ben and his parents. It is amazing how much can be done to help and all the technology there is out there.

Desmond is currently roommates with a 3 year old with a TBI who is also recovering amazingly well. It is amazing how fast kids can heal, especially little ones.

That being said, it is likely going to be a long haul. A couple of weeks in PICU, a week or so in the regular ward, then a rehab hospital. Support is really helpful in the beginning, but after about 3 weeks or so people start going back to their lives, understandably. Support in the second month is as important if not more then in the first rush, since by then you are really processing what has happened and not just living day to day trying to survive the accident, just a quick, visit for the parents, a thinking of you text, being there to talk.

Going through this right now, but at the end of inpatient rehab and soon to be going home stage, yay Desmond!

My thoughts are with Ben and his parents. It is amazing how much can be done to help and all the technology there is out there.

Desmond is currently roommates with a 3 year old with a TBI who is also recovering amazingly well. It is amazing how fast kids can heal, especially little ones.

That being said, it is likely going to be a long haul. A couple of weeks in PICU, a week or so in the regular ward, then a rehab hospital. Support is really helpful in the beginning, but after about 3 weeks or so people start going back to their lives, understandably. Support in the second month is as important if not more then in the first rush, since by then you are really processing what has happened and not just living day to day trying to survive the accident, just a quick, visit for the parents, a thinking of you text, being there to talk.

Thank you, Sarah. Your son is an incredible kid. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely try to keep up the support.