Menu

Muzzy for Kindegarten/1st

My friend just gave me this and I have to say I am not at all impressed. It is just a video really, and not a great one at that. I have not looked very much into Spanish programs (my husband and I are bilingual, English/Spanish, so we just talk to them as a means of teaching them Spanish for now), so I don't know what else to suggest. But for what this costs, I would expect something much better.

Just my opinion.

We have a super-old VHS version. I watched it with my dc the first time through and we talked about it. Then they liked to watch it on their own. Once in a while we would watch a segment together and I would pause and ask questions in Spanish. It was fine, but I wouldn't/couldn't pay the "new" dvd price. HOWEVER, one of our local libraries has the newer version online and we can log in with my library card number. Then, it is "free", all my kids like it and there are a number of word games we can play. If your library doesn't have it, it might be worth submitting a purchase request for and see what they say.

If you are looking for a video application you might try Salsa. We like that one also. There are guides for each episode, but I haven't really looked at them.

Also check out SALSA on GPB.org. My daughter adores this show. You can watch it free online. Just do a search for salsa gpb. My little girl has learned so much. It is full immersion like Muzzy. Btw. My husband is Spanish speaking, and he approves the quality.

Also check out SALSA on GPB.org. My daughter adores this show. You can watch it free online. Just do a search for salsa gpb. My little girl has learned so much. It is full immersion like Muzzy. Btw. My husband is Spanish speaking, and he approves the quality.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: http://www.gpb.org/salsa/term/episode

There are Salsa games, too!