Menu

Interesting things to see from Atlanta to Mephis and from Mephis to Little Rock??

Birmingham is on the route we take, and Montgomery isn't all that far away. Both are good for Civil Rights movement history, and Birmingham has a Lego store (and a store in the mall with a lot of old, classic video game machines) Memphis has multiple museums and things to do (Zoo, Children's Museum, two nice art museums, botanic gardens, Pink Palace, Egyptian history collection at UM) There's not much between Memphis and Little Rock, but Chuckalissa Indian Village and the Village Creek State Park are pretty accessible, and so is Coon Creek Science center (fossils). Most of the mines, caves, and the like in AR are West of Little Rock, closer to Hot Springs.

Edited by dmmetler

If you go farther North, through Tennessee, you can get into the Chattanooga area (Aquarium, lots of caves and outside activites, Rock City/Ruby Falls, Choo-Choo), Nashville (Parthenon, science center, lots of nice museums, Gaylord Opryland hotel gardens, and Opry Mills, which is finally re-opened), and Jackson (Tennessee Safari Park, Casey Jones Museum).

We just did the Little Rock to Memphis route. There is nothing. I do want to put a plug in for Shelby Farms Park in Memphis. They have a really amazing playground. My kids loved it and so did I. It's the funnest most innovative playground I've ever seen. There is also a herd of bison at the entrance of the park your kids might be interested in.