Menu

Do I need a formal lesson plan for FLL, WWE and Saxon Math?

julie4

I'm planning on using FLL, WWE and Saxon math, but I don't physically have these yet. I'm thinking from the table of contents thats it's pretty straight forward what I will need to do everyday. Do any of you write up lesson plans for these programs? Or are they pretty straight forward on what to do everyday? Thank you.

I'm planning on using FLL, WWE and Saxon math, but I don't physically have these yet. I'm thinking from the table of contents thats it's pretty straight forward what I will need to do everyday. Do any of you write up lesson plans for these programs? Or are they pretty straight forward on what to do everyday? Thank you.

Nope. No need to write out any lesson plans.

It is very straightforward. With Saxon & FLL, just go lesson by lesson. You can do as many as you want a week. We aim to do 5 of each. For WWE - it is based on a 4 day week so you are good to go there.

I used Saxon Math 1 last year and it was very straight forward. You will, however, want to gather all the materials needed ahead of time so that you're not scrambling at the last minute. I put sticky notes on the lessons that required something a little more out of the ordinary so that it would flag me to check it a few nights before.

FLL is designed for 3 days a week, but it is broken up into discreet lessons. Very easy.

WWE is designed for 4 days a week. I usually combine the first 2 days because one doesn't include writing (just oral narration), so that makes it 3 days. You can do it either way though.

I haven't used Saxon, but it looks like it would definitely be do the next thing, no planning.

I agree that WWE requires no planning. However, I did feel the need to make my own copywork pages because the ones provided had super-jumbo lines. So instead of planning time, I have once-a-month typing time.

I have my kid write his in a composition notebook. That way there are no loose papers flying around and he's writing on actual notebook paper, which I prefer over graded lined paper.

I have my kid write his in a composition notebook. That way there are no loose papers flying around and he's writing on actual notebook paper, which I prefer over graded lined paper.

I photo-copy a bunch of HWOT note-booking pages. I hand-write the copy work when we sit down to the table, it takes me about 30 seconds per page.

I just decided to stop planning at all for these! I was looking through the weeks' work ahead of time, and dividing it evenly among the days. Finally, I decided that part of the benefit of these programs is that I really can just open the book and do the next lesson! From now on, we'll just work on either a lesson a day, or for a certain amount of time, and pick up where we left off.