Menu

What on earth?!?!

It would be even worse to ignore it and have him think that nobody cares OR for him to actually harm himself. It's best to reach out with love and concern (and medical attention).

My best friend's husband was buddies with another Dad (they both have kids with autism). When the other Dad killed himself, my friend and her husband went through significant guilt that they hadn't realized he was overwhelmed.

:grouphug:

As a survivor of suicide, I'd have given ANYTHING for someone to have reported that my sister was having suicidal thoughts. As it was, no one knew. She was alone and she killed herself. It is the worse kind of death to go through.

You did the right thing!!!! People can't help them if they don't know about it. :grouphug:

And what if your reporting gets him help....? This is just to encourage you, that you can't be responsible for his behavior by trying to help! ;)

It would be even worse to ignore it and have him think that nobody cares OR for him to actually harm himself. It's best to reach out with love and concern (and medical attention).

My best friend's husband was buddies with another Dad (they both have kids with autism). When the other Dad killed himself, my friend and her husband went through significant guilt that they hadn't realized he was overwhelmed.

:grouphug:

As a survivor of suicide, I'd have given ANYTHING for someone to have reported that my sister was having suicidal thoughts. As it was, no one knew. She was alone and she killed herself. It is the worse kind of death to go through.

You did the right thing!!!! People can't help them if they don't know about it. :grouphug:

I agree with the previous posters. You did the right thing.

Yes. I am glad I reported it. I hope he gets the help he needs. Between these two situations today I think I am getting an ulcer. :/

The minor is getting help. I reported in my other thread that the sheriff has been called for her.

Yes. I am glad I reported it. I hope he gets the help he needs. Between these two situations today I think I am getting an ulcer. :/

The minor is getting help. I reported in my other thread that the sheriff has been called for her.

You can also call the non-emergency number for the sheriff's office and report the FB comments. They have avenues of investigating these things.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Faith

So sad to see how many kids these days want to kill themselves. Is it just me, or is it happening more now then ever? I had a friend in highschool who talked about shooting himself on several occasions, and we never thought he actually would...until he did. And a close relative of mine was just hospitalized for wanting to kill himself (mostly over bullying) - and he got the idea from a friend of his who just attempted it. Horrible! I'm glad you guys reported it!

You did the right thing. Posting it on FB was a cry for help. It would be very tragic if no one responded to the cry. I'm so sorry for this child and very sorry you have had to go through this. I pray everything works out well.

A 14 year old boy in our community committed suicide a month or so ago because his girlfriend broke up with him. He gave no warnings to anyone and didn't appear upset, depressed, stressed or anything. You just don't know what's going through another person's head.

I am so glad you responded to this girl.

What does reporting through FB mean?

Can you call the police and have them check on him? That is an emergency, IMO.

I reported it to Facebook.

I don't think my OP was very clear. These were two separate individuals. The girl is a friend of my kids. Sheriff was called and she is getting help. The FB post was an old High school friend of my husbands. I just found out that he was taken to the hospital and is home now.