Menu

My yearly MIL visit rant...Jennifer3141, time for some wine...I mean whine.

She's coming..........and staying a whole week........and she made the flight reservations and THEN checked with us to make sure it was kosher.

At least this year I have a plan. We're going to sew curtains and then hike like crazy. Hopefully this will wear her out.

Really, I do love her....but you know the saying about fish stinking after three days.........:001_huh:

I think a trip to Trader Joe's for wine will be in order.

Well it could always be worse

My MIL and FIL just informed me they are both coming to stay for 6 WEEKS over Christmas this year :001_huh:

and we don't get along at all :glare:

and I am trying to blank it out but you just reminded me :smash:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

And, I'm not a big proponent of this...

One year when both my MIL and my parents were at our house and our kids were very little, my dh made me coffee and shoved it in my hands first thing in the morning. I think it had 2 shots of whiskey in it! Guess what....I made coffee the next day, :lol: with only 1/2 shot of something, but it was fun to be "sneaking" around our parents, and taking the edge off a bit! Don't be afraid to be a bit crazy to keep your sanity!

One year when both my MIL and my parents were at our house and our kids were very little, my dh made me coffee and shoved it in my hands first thing in the morning. I think it had 2 shots of whiskey in it! Guess what....I made coffee the next day, :lol: with only 1/2 shot of something, but it was fun to be "sneaking" around our parents, and taking the edge off a bit! Don't be afraid to be a bit crazy to keep your sanity!

I've suggested the same thing to a friend whose ghastly in-laws descend upon her every year. That, or make them regular meals with Ambien ground up in them, so she can keep them relatively unconscious for the whole stay.

You are hysterical!! Your dh is a smart man! I am going to have to keep this in mind as I go off to meet some newly found family next month....

I've suggested the same thing to a friend whose ghastly in-laws descend upon her every year. That, or make them regular meals with Ambien ground up in them, so she can keep them relatively unconscious for the whole stay.

Ooooh!! Great ideas in this thread...only, how about Xanax....in my own coffee?? That sounds like not a bad plan;)