Menu

Need Light Graduation Dessert Idea

My graduating high school senior was waffling about what he wanted to do for a celebration so I'm way behind in pulling plans together. Party with friends will be later, but for tomorrow family will be going out to eat at a nice Italian restaurant and then coming back to the house for dessert, gifts, cards, etc.

It's too late to order a cake or decorated sugar cookies and I need to figure something out. Honestly I know we'll be plenty filled up at the meal and would skip the home part if it weren't for grandparents. Any thoughts on what might be nicer than our usual chocolate cupcakes but not take a lot of time?

Congratulations! He'll be so happy having a party or two.

I think you could still pick up a cake at the grocery. Give them a call. I make carrot cake for these kinds of things. You can make it today and it will be great tomorrow.

I agree, I think you could still order a cake. I'd stop by your favorite bakery and see. I'd think that 24 hours notice is ok.

Some ideas if you want to make something yourself:

ice cream sundae bar

rice krispie treats (my boys have been enjoying these lately)

chocolate dipped strawberries

Oh! Lemon bars. YUM.

Angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries

I agree, I think you could still order a cake. I'd stop by your favorite bakery and see. I'd think that 24 hours notice is ok.

Some ideas if you want to make something yourself:

ice cream sundae bar

rice krispie treats (my boys have been enjoying these lately)

chocolate dipped strawberries

Oh! Lemon bars. YUM.

Angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries

These are good ideas. You could buy the angel food cakes and cut up the strawberries today. This is sounding yummy. Dd dipped strawberries in the chocolate melts the color of her school. (Her senior year was in the university) It was funny but good.

My friend used to make a delicious strawberry shortcake type dish. Bake box mix yellow cake. Cool and cut into cubes, (2" X 2"). Layer cake, cut fresh strawberries and whipped topping in a trifle bowl - 2 or 3 layers depending on size of bowl. So delicious and easy.

This is one of our favorites:

Sour Cream Lime Pie

You will need to scroll down the page to find the recipe. Mine is the same but uses a graham cracker crust that you can purchase or make:

1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (9 double graham crackers0

1/2 cup sugar

6 tablespoons butter or margarine melted

You just mix everything together and press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Freeze for 15 minutes and then back at 350 until it is lightly browned. (12-15 minutes) Cool completely before you put the filling in.