Menu

FLL & WWE together

Spetzi

I'm considering using both First Language Lessons level 2 and Writing With Ease level 1 for my dd7. I noticed there is copywork in both curricula. Is it overkill? What have you liked or not liked about either of these?

TIA,

I'm considering using both First Language Lessons level 2 and Writing With Ease level 1 for my dd7. I noticed there is copywork in both curricula. Is it overkill? What have you liked or not liked about either of these?

TIA,

We didn't do the copy work in FLL since we were doing WWE. I am pretty sure that I read that that was the suggestion.

TIA,

We've been using WWE1 with FLL 2 this year. On the rare days when I thought it might be too much writing for DD6, I just skipped the copywork in FLL.

I love WWE. It's simple, steady, and effective. My daughter writes creatively in her free time, and when she does so, she writes using complete sentences. I attribute that to WWE.

FLL2 is solid, but can be repetitive. I would skip lessons if they feel too boring or repetitive.

On the rare days when I thought it might be too much writing for DD6, I just skipped the copywork in FLL.

This. We are doing FLL3 and WWE2 this year. On some days, WWE is just narration, so only you are doing the writing. On those days, DD does the dictation in FLL.

This. We are doing FLL3 and WWE2 this year. On some days, WWE is just narration, so only you are doing the writing. On those days, DD does the dictation in FLL.

OH yeah, I forgot about that. We did WWE at a double pace, so he was writing for it every day.

We've been using WWE1 with FLL 2 this year. On the rare days when I thought it might be too much writing for DD6, I just skipped the copywork in FLL.

:iagree:This exactly....

At the beginning of the year, when my sons writing was more of a challenge, we always skipped the copywork in FLL. Now that he is better at it, and doesn't complain so much, we do more of it. It really depends on the day, if he's having a good/bad day, and how much writing he's doing with other subjects.

I skipped the copywork in FLL.

I think both are good solid programs. FLL isn't the most exciting, but it gets the job done. We used MCT this year and I felt like the background from FLL 1 and 2 really helped ds. My son HATES WWE (he calls it Writing Without Ease) but I have seen such a huge improvement in his abilities over the past 3 years. He will admit that it's gotten easier but he still hates it. It's not the program, it's just not his thing. I like that both FLL and WWE are very easy to use and require very little prep work.

We skip the FLL copywork.

:iagree: This. If it's copywork we skip it. If it's a list of something, like pronouns for example, we do it. We are also doubling-up WWE so there is writing everyday. Just feels overkill to do it with FLL also.