Menu

I feel like a total loser.

I found out tonight that a good friend of mine is not expected to live more than 48 hours. His family asked for prayers for a peaceful passing. This was all done via FB post. I did not want to bother the family with a text message or phone call, so I put up a prayer for peace on my FB wall and tagged the family.

Within an hour I had multiple text messages asking if he had died, as did a mutual friend. It wasnt till the mutual friend contacted me that I realized my phone hadn't posted everything and from the portion of the prayer that did get posted it did sound like he had already passed(asking the angels to take him safely home and the Grace of God to go with him). I immediately corrected it, but now I feel bad. I can only hope that no one contacted the family thinking he had passed because of what I wrote. I was trying to leave my thoughts on prayers on his public page without bothering the family right now. I honestly feel really horrible about it...am I overreacting? Am I just 38 weeks pregnant, overemotional, and sad because until a few hours ago, a full recovery was expected for my friend?

Or am I really a complete loser?

No, not a loser at all. It happens sometimes when trying to post by phone. You said you adjusted the post. I don't know what else you can do, except maybe say the previous post was incomplete.

:grouphug: Prayers for you, your friend, and the family.

Thanks. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm very pregnant, not sleeping. dealing with a 2 year old not sleeping, and a husband who isn't home for a few days, and now thr imminent death of a good friend. It is a lot of stress and stress makes me overreact.

I just really hope I didn't hurt anyone inadvertently.