Menu

The "unique" K name has been decided :)

I like it, but prepare to say, "Karter, with a K" for the next two decades. :D

I have a few family members with unique names (one sweet cousin added 4 "e's" to a somewhat normal name and no one can spell it and/or say it at first).

Already have to do this with the other kiddos too :)

We have Kane, Kyah, and Kolten already. Kane is usually mistaken for Cain, Kyah's name no one can spell corretly and Kolten is usually Colton so we are used to the spelling issues. Why, oh why did we ever get started with the "K" theme is beyond me :lol:

Eh, My name is Micah and I have dealt with the spelling/pronounciation my whole life. Even being mistaken for a male on the phone because it's a males name. And it's in the Bible one of the most well known books lol so I think a little spelling issue is harmless. Plus it's not like we are changing that much. Just the C to a K... to fit with our "theme" lolI really do wish we hadn't ever started that though. After our 3rd child, Kansys, whom we lost we were kind of stuck with K's. :D I think Karter will be fine :)

I'm gonna be probably not the first to tell you... that is SUCH a simple name to spell. One of the only ones where people will absolutely assume that it's with a "c"... you're giving a great name, that will be a pain in the tush to always remind people about spelling. My daughter's name is "Caley" and while it's not spelled the same way much.... people always assume that it starts with a "K" so they start it off waiting for the rest... and of course.... she has to restart them. She hates it :( Just letting you know what a pain for them it will be. So... just a thought....

We do love it :) I myself have enjoyed having a different name. I don't mind it being misspelled or someone asking how to spell it. Or pronounce it. It makes me feel unique ;) My eldest finds it fun to correct people who spell his name the biblcal way. He tells them his is spelled Kane not cain because he is a different person :) Maybe it just depends on the person and their outlook??? I myself think it is fun :D But, yes I know it will be a spelling issue, and that's o.k.

Congrats on your decision! We have always found the boys' names more challenging to decide on. We have a Colin, but for some reason there are certain people who think his name is pronounces Colon- really?! Of all the things to name someone after, that would not be it! My husband name is Korey, and no one ever spells that correctly. If you say it is with a K they still leave out the E and spell it Kory. He is so used to it by now I think it would shock him if someone actually spelled it correctly:)

Congrats on your decision! We have always found the boys' names more challenging to decide on. We have a Colin, but for some reason there are certain people who think his name is pronounces Colon- really?! Of all the things to name someone after, that would not be it! My husband name is Korey, and no one ever spells that correctly. If you say it is with a K they still leave out the E and spell it Kory. He is so used to it by now I think it would shock him if someone actually spelled it correctly:)

OP, I think you should tell everyone you are naming him Kolon, and then when they are all completely disgusted, you can tell them the real name, and they will be too relieved to complain. :D

Thanks to all of you who posted on my thread a while back with ideas for a boy's K name. We have actually picked one that isn't all that unique after all. :)

Karter

Just thought I would let those of you who are interested know. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Our horseshoer has a Karter, along with a Kabel!

I love Kabel too.. but hubby thought it wouldn't be good since we hve a Kane. lol He said people would really question it then. .Cain and Abel... I really don't care as long as the kids aren't made fun of. Although, I think kids can come up with any ridicule for any name. Funny how creative they can be when they want to be lol