Menu

How do I even begin to look for a math tutor?

I joined a local co op's yahoo group. I'm not a member of the co op, just the group, but there are tons of members and we all post needs/for sale items/etc. It's been a fabulous network of people. And it's how I found my dd's math tutor.

You could also call the math department at a local community college or university. They'll often have a list of tutors. Or... there may be a tutoring center on campus that would have the list of people willing to tutor.

I think DD would continue to love outside input in math. How would I even begin to look for a math tutor, locally or online?

How about contacting the AoPS folks? They should be quite well plugged into the math tutoring networks.

My son has been working with a tutor who gets "out-of-the-box" kids. PM me if you are interested.

You could also call the math department at a local community college or university. They'll often have a list of tutors. Or... there may be a tutoring center on campus that would have the list of people willing to tutor.

:iagree: