Menu

Need a new Bible curriculum....suggestions?

Jpoy85

Last year at the HS convention I LOVED Positive Action Bible. I loved everything about it. When I went to the convention this year, i still loved it and got the K and 1st grade.

Then we started using it and I dont like it. The girls are bored with it. Its a lot of fill in the blank and coloring. I was hoping for more stories, questions, some coloring, etc.

Is there something else? I thought there was one that the Veggie Tales creator made but i cant remember the name. Has anyone heard of it?

We love Bible Study Guide for All Ages...I use the Intermediate Pages with my 1st grader and the Beginner Pages for my 4K'er. The pages involve some coloring, fill in the blank, puzzles, map work, timeline work, etc. they also have an application for our lives section. The manual also has a lot of supplemental stuff they can do in addition. It takes us about 30 min to complete each day.

We've done some of the BJU Bible, and it's delightful. My husband read through with her the Read n' Grow Picture Bible, which was wonderful. You probably saw at the convention the materials from Scripture Memory Fellowship. Kenneth Taylor has a book about making right choices that I never got with my dd but would like to use with my ds. Timberdoodle sells (or used to sell??) some books that had scripture memory plus little stories to go with them.

BTW, when my dd was that age, I got her an NIrV, which is a reduced reading level NIV. We don't normally read the NIV (I read NASB and actually she reads ESV now), but it was just very accessible for her for a number of years. Might be something to look into.

Have you read Helen Taylor's "Little Pilgrim's Progress"? It's one of those you can start now and read through a couple times with them if you want, just delightful. :)

We really like Rod and Staff. My children want to do their Bible work every day. A bonus is that their workbooks include reading comprehension questions, vocabulary work, grammar work, and mapwork.

Depending on the grade level, the workbooks include fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and complete sentence answers.

It is a solid program that is a blessing to our family!

I thought there was one that the Veggie Tales creator made but i cant remember the name. Has anyone heard of it?

Are you referring to What's in the Bible? I just bought the DVDs for my kids after they watched the clips on youtube. The kids think they're funny. They remind me of The Muppet Show. I see they have curriculum for churches, but I'm not sure about what they have for individuals.

We love Bible Study Guide for All Ages...I use the Intermediate Pages with my 1st grader and the Beginner Pages for my 4K'er. The pages involve some coloring, fill in the blank, puzzles, map work, timeline work, etc. they also have an application for our lives section. The manual also has a lot of supplemental stuff they can do in addition. It takes us about 30 min to complete each day.

:iagree: Love this program!

I really wanted to check this out but a ton of their links are broken. Are they in business still? Is it just my computer/server/whatever that's not working?

I really wanted to check this out but a ton of their links are broken. Are they in business still? Is it just my computer/server/whatever that's not working?

I just went to their website and all of the links are working for me :confused:

They have totally redone their website, though.

And it looks like a lot of their products have changed as well (at least under the homeschool category). It looks even better than it was!

What we have used and like is The Picture Smart Bible curriculum. Kids color and trace as you go through so they're listening and doing :)....also, the pictures they draw really help to cement what they're learning..

The curriculum from the Veggie Tales creator is called "What's In The Bible?" and it is AWESOME. The content is amazing, but done in the same goofy fun way as VT was. They have a curriculum version for churches, but just a regular DVD version for home use. The whole family will enjoy watching, and I bet even the adults will learn something! :)

i just ordered this to use with my daughter beginning next year (maybe?? my son??). it looks really good & the reviews at amazon are excellent. there are samples on the website. it's geared toward middle school and up, so we will just move at a slower pace if needed since she'll only be 11 then.