Menu

Can I share my thrift store find!?!?!?!

That is terrific!! We've got a boxed set of 10 of her books, and my son loved them when he was learning to read. They have a lot more storyline than so many early reading books, which we both appreciated.

I paid a LOT more than $0.50 for that book set, so more power to you!!

Christina

That is awesome! I have found TONS of curriculum at the local Goodwill. I paid $1.00 for grade 6 Rod & Staff teacher and student english books. I found IEW American History for .50. I have seen LLATL, lots of pre-k (entire HOP reading 1-4 set included), and tons of learning DVDs (all our leapfrog, Nat Geo documentaries). Thrift stores are treasure troves for books. :)

That is awesome! I have found TONS of curriculum at the local Goodwill. I paid $1.00 for grade 6 Rod & Staff teacher and student english books. I found IEW American History for .50. I have seen LLATL, lots of pre-k (entire HOP reading 1-4 set included), and tons of learning DVDs (all our leapfrog, Nat Geo documentaries). Thrift stores are treasure troves for books. :)

I am jealous! This is rare because we are so rural! Did you get the R&S teacher and student book for $1?? That is AWESOME!!

I am jealous! This is rare because we are so rural! Did you get the R&S teacher and student book for $1?? That is AWESOME!!

Yep. They were 50 cents a piece at our local Goodwill outlet. This is where all the "junk" goes when it doesn't sell in the "normal" priced stores. I found the IEW there, too. I wonder sometimes if they just send stuff straight to the outlet if they don't have room for it. We are in a good sized city, so someone would have picked them up. Anyway, I have been incredibly blessed with thrift store finds the last year or so. We also have a local used curriculum store. That is 2nd choice, although I can often find cheaper used items on WTM sale forums. :)

Carly

Where do you live??!!??!! :001_smile: (JustKidding, don't tell unless you want to.)

I NEVER find stuff like that at our Goodwill. :D And I hunt and drive around sometimes. :D

Where do you live??!!??!! :001_smile: (JustKidding, don't tell unless you want to.)

I NEVER find stuff like that at our Goodwill. :D And I hunt and drive around sometimes. :D

We live in Northern VA south of DC. So, it is a very populated area:) I have lived many places and this is by far the best for thrift stores. There are a lot of homeschoolers around.