Menu

Please Pray

I have a very good friend of mine who just received some devastating news. She is a fellow WTMer who is expecting a new baby in the family.

They received word last night that some tests show some neurological defects, they will go in for further testing next week. Please pray as you are led. God is sovereign and on the throne. Thanks much!

What sort of tests? If it was the triple screen (a blood test that's supposed to screen for some common genetic problems with a high level of inaccurcy), then there's a good chance it's nothing. A lot of times things found on sonograms the first time turn out to be nothing, too.It's for this reason (so much worry/stress) that I only had one sonogram in early pregnancy and refused the triple screen.

I hope things turn out okay for your friend, or that if they're not, they are granted the strength to deal.

Encourage them not to give up hope yet.

My youngest was given a < 1% chance of living, based on early tests. The doctor was very definite. However, after Googling the diagnosis, I found some cases where the early diagnosis was not born out by further tests. I insisted on those additional tests, and they showed the baby was likely just fine.

He is not 2.5 and very, very active and healthy.

What sort of tests? If it was the triple screen (a blood test that's supposed to screen for some common genetic problems with a high level of inaccurcy), then there's a good chance it's nothing. A lot of times things found on sonograms the first time turn out to be nothing, too.It's for this reason (so much worry/stress) that I only had one sonogram in early pregnancy and refused the triple screen.

I hope things turn out okay for your friend, or that if they're not, they are granted the strength to deal.

Just wanted to clarify that the triple screen is not *inaccurate*, it's a screening tool used to identify people who may need to have testing done. (for the record, I'm a carrier for a genetic condition that the triple screen picks up--no further testing needed.)