Menu

Church members... if you normally volunteer in kids' classes...

Do you teach children's classes during pregnancy?  

1. 1. Do you teach children's classes during pregnancy?

• Yes, I teach up until delivery is imminent.
    • I teach during the parts of pregnancy I feel best
    • I don't teach at all during pregnancy
    • Other

Pregnancy and my body did not agree with each other. :D As in, all-PG "morning" sickness, hospitalized for multiple times for dehydration from all the vomiting, and carrying ziploc bags with me wherever I went up until delivery. Sorry if TMI!

So...I did what I could, but honestly, parenting my other kids and staying upright became priorities.

Pretty much if I'm not having the baby that day, I'm volunteering. My pregnancies have been very easy.

However, if I have other health problems, I stop volunteering. I have some back problems and there have been a few times lately that I've gotten a substitute because I haven't been mobile enough to be working with kids, or really doing much of anything.

I taught Sunday School WHILE in labor. When my husband got up to preach I knew it was time to go... we lived an hour and a half from the hospital so I didn't think we should try to make it through the service. Then the last (annoying) song we sang was stuck in my head through my entire labor and delivery. Come and Dine, the Master calleth... :tongue_smilie:

I taught Sunday School WHILE in labor. When my husband got up to preach I knew it was time to go... we lived an hour and a half from the hospital so I didn't think we should try to make it through the service. Then the last (annoying) song we sang was stuck in my head through my entire labor and delivery. Come and Dine, the Master calleth... :tongue_smilie:

:D I'm sorry, but this cracked me up!! I had to have c sections, but I could totally see this happening to me if I went into natural labor.

I have had to deal with a lot, while my husband was preaching ;) and yes, that song would be VERY annoying to have in your head during labor!!

Then the last (annoying) song we sang was stuck in my head through my entire labor and delivery. Come and Dine, the Master calleth... :tongue_smilie:

I know how that goes... there was an ice cream truck making the rounds at my apartment complex while I was in labor with my first -- blasting the most annoying music, and it must have taken it 30 minutes to go its rounds. I've never been so grumpy about ice cream before. ;-)