Menu

Token Economy Rewards for girl age 10

We are starting up a token economy in the hopes of getting a little more done around the house. I am looking for cheap rewards that a girl age 10-11 would like. This child is really more like a little old lady. She is frugal and sedentary. And aspie.

While we're at it, if you have any ideas for a 7 yr old, I could use those too. :glare:

If this post seems disjointed, I've been interrupted about 8 times.

We are starting up a token economy in the hopes of getting a little more done around the house. I am looking for cheap rewards that a girl age 10-11 would like. This child is really more like a little old lady. She is frugal and sedentary. And aspie.

While we're at it, if you have any ideas for a 7 yr old, I could use those too. :glare:

an episode of a favorite tv show (record each episode and save it for rewards)

glow bracelets...fun but not 'forever' (usually come in a tube of 10 for $1...I've seen them at Target)

sidewalk chalk (one stick at a time)

party favor size bubbles (Target has some cute girly bubble tubes in the party favor aisle)

small bundle of pipe cleaners/craft supplies in general

pen (you could buy a set of different colors but have each be earned individually...might inspire to earn the whole set)

If she likes mail, one of the rewards could be "mystery mail". You could have things prepared so that you can post it quickly. I'm thinking things like an encouraging note along with a prize.

If she likes nail polish, some prizes could be having you do her nails. There are lots of fun ideas online for different designs. You could choose some and print out the picture for the prize box. (http://craftgawker.com/post/category/bath-beauty/ has many)

hth

When we were using a token economy, the kids used their tokens for almost all privileges (computer time, movie/TV time, extra snack, etc.). They could save up quite a few to get a trip to buy something at the store, but for the most part they spent them on stuff around the house.