Menu

If you wanted to privately purchase k12 for certain subjects

justLisa

Which ones are best? I have come to realize, if I don't do something else next year, I have to send my kids to school. (well, not really, but I dream about it all too much).

Is their history good? Or language arts? I need have something planned out that I check the boxes for at least SOMETHING. I will not be able to continue hand picking/tailoring everything for ever.

DS will be 3rd, and is math accelerated so I wouldn't use the math

DD is going to be 1st.

DD's just started K12 science, they should move through it quickly because they are pretty advanced in science but not ready to start middle school science until next year. No reviews yet but comments from others on the boards have been positive so I am hopeful. I own some of the LA, almost all of it is in the books with the online component being more of a record keeping system until you get to about 6th grade. There is a lot to it, some of which was just busy work for us.

I would pay for science and history if I could afford it.

For K I didn't care for Language Arts. You go from identifying shapes and colors to in depth questions about a story, all in the same lesson. If a child doesn't know shape and colors I wouldn't think they would understand those questions.

I also didn't care for a great deal of the reading selections in LA. I prefer to choose my own. My son hated, absolutely hated the poetry selections.

I would pay for science and history if I could afford it.

For K I didn't care for Language Arts. You go from identifying shapes and colors to in depth questions about a story, all in the same lesson. If a child doesn't know shape and colors I wouldn't think they would understand those questions.

I also didn't care for a great deal of the reading selections in LA. I prefer to choose my own. My son hated, absolutely hated the poetry selections.

I flat out refuse to do the poetry (I HATE poetry TBH). I come up with my own questions to check understanding of the story, they are often far to complex for a 5 year old.

I flat out refuse to do the poetry (I HATE poetry TBH). I come up with my own questions to check understanding of the story, they are often far to complex for a 5 year old.

aren't they???? My goodness, I would look at those questions, look at my son, and toss the sheet! LOL! We'd have our own discussion. I'm thankful to be done with LA for kindy.

I told someone to just do the phonics part and not bother paying for kindy LA. She could do much better on her own and not pay the couple of hundred dollars for that course. Do you know how many books you could buy with that? She didn't reply so maybe she didn't like my comment (wasn't here, was on another group).