Menu

shorts for tweens..

I cannot find any summer clothes for my 11 1/2 year old dd. She's taller for her age (5' 1") and tiny (90 pounds). The shorts that fit her in length are way to big around the waist. The shorts that fit her waist are way to short! We live in the middle of no where :tongue_smilie:, but we went shopping on Friday in a somewhat bigger town and found nothing. We will have to shop online. I've found skirts (my 13 year old has had the same problem) but of course my 11 year old hates skirts. :glare: She wears juniors clothes, usually a 0 or 1 long in pants.. She's extremely picky about her clothes, don't even get me started on shirts. :lol:

Thanks for any suggestions of where to look!

Have you tried justice? We get all our clothes pretty much there for the girls. They have longer shorts and shorter shorts. I prefer the longer type for my girls but they have sizes up to 20 I think. My 11 yo isnt tall and skinny...so we buy the 12 half size and it is between a 14. My 9 yo is thin and tall and can still fit a 8 slim or 8. They have a lot of variety in sizes.

BUT never shop there without the 40% off coupon!

Bermuda shorts. It is the only way. Check out uniform supplier sites like French Toast. I've ordered a couple of Bermuda shorts for my 11yo from them this summer. She's also 5'1". Check the sizing chart. I think my dd is a 16 in their sizes. I've just about decided I could save a lot of trouble and just dress my kids in uniforms.