Menu

How long does WWS take?

To be honest, it really depends. Some lessons are much harder than others. I schedule my 10yo to spend one hour per day with the program. Some days she can get a couple of lessons done and some weeks it takes her 3 days to complete one lesson.

That said, with an hour per day, 5 days per week, we've managed to stay on schedule with the program all year, despite illnesses and missed days here and there.

To be honest, it really depends. Some lessons are much harder than others. I schedule my 10yo to spend one hour per day with the program. Some days she can get a couple of lessons done and some weeks it takes her 3 days to complete one lesson.

That said, with an hour per day, 5 days per week, we've managed to stay on schedule with the program all year, despite illnesses and missed days here and there.

:iagree: I plan for an hour a day 4-5 days a week.

We do the first 2 days on Monday to leave an extra day for the writing assignment. Friday we edit and he types it. This schedule takes about 1 hour per day, but sometimes more. If he knows nothing on the topic, we have to spend some time reading about it.

Ruth in NZ

For those who are using it 45 min - 1 hr/day for 4/5 days a week, are your kids engaged and willing, or do you need to coax them along?

The first few weeks there was coaxing involved, but now the lessons go smoothly on most days. It helps that many of the subjects she is required to write about in the lessons are interesting to her.

Until this week, 30 min-1 hour/day 4 days per week. I'd usually have her do Days 1 & 2 together so that she could have an extra day to do the long Day 3 or 4 assignment. We just started Week 29 though & it's taking her for*ev*er. I don't know that it should though; it may just be her. Sigh.

For those who are using it 45 min - 1 hr/day for 4/5 days a week, are your kids engaged and willing, or do you need to coax them along?

Initially it was harder for him, and he needed encourgaging. Wws is quite a step up from wwe. But we are a few weeks into it and he really is getting better at it, and its going much more smooly.

I am not clear, exactly, what you are asking. This seems to be a question about motivation rather than WWS specifically.

My ds really want to learn to write well and has appreciated the direct instruction in WWS. He is definitely willing and engaged, but there are times where he needs me to explain in more depth what is expected. And occasionally, we have to do a practice run on another topic so that he can see what he is supposed to do (see post 114 on this thread http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348864&page=12 ). We spend about 6 hours per week on WWS but I am using it as 75% of the writing he does for the week. Any other writing he does with me: dictation, short answer for science text book, timelines/summaries for history, persuasive pieces for current events, etc. We work together for an additional 2 hours per week on these things.

If I have missed your question, please let me know, and I will try again.:001_smile:

Ruth in NZ