Menu

I'm set for 2012/2013 - all purchases have been made - Anyone else?

WIS0320

Hi :seeya: newbie here. I think I've finalized what I want to get for DD for next year, but I haven't purchased most of it. Just some of the SL books as I find them on e-bay. We're only going in to prek, but she just loves doing school and wants more, more, more no matter what I do! So I hope I've come up with something that will fulfill her need for more but not be too demanding. I don't plan on a schedule, just doing the next thing in whatever subjects she wants to do.

Core - Sonlight P4/5

Math - MUS Primer and Mathtacular DVD (already working through primer)

Science - Included in SL and Big Bag of Science for experiments

Geography - Geopuzzles (US/Can & World) and States & Capitals songs (she heard a song and begged for this)

Critical Thinking - Building thinking skills, can you find me, & mind benders

Handwriting - HWT prek (getting the stamp & see and chalkboard)

Phonics - ETC (1, I think, but I need to look into it more to make sure we get the right level)

Music - Melody harp

Fine Motor - Kumon workbooks

Other - What your K needs to know & Song School Latin

Am I absolutely nuts to get all this for a 4yo? She loves it so much and thrives on doing it. She's seen all of these things at one point or another on my computer and begged me to get most of it. She asks me almost every day if her new school things are here yet. DH figures it's okay because even if we don't end up doing much, it will still be there waiting for us next year. So it will get used at some point, even if it's not all during her prek year.

workbooks (Singapore 2A and 2B) US Ed

still trying to figure out math for my 14yo...I think she just hates all math:tongue_smilie:

I am planning on using FIAR, BJU Reading, BJU Math and Singapore Math for my 8yo son, along with Visual Latin and Rosetta Stone Hebrew

Sonlight Core 3/4/H/100 combo with my 11 and 14 yo dds, BJU Math and grammar, IEW writing, Spelling Workout, Visual Latin and Rosetta Stone Hebrew, Apologia Biology in a Co-op

Hi :seeya: newbie here. I think I've finalized what I want to get for DD for next year, but I haven't purchased most of it. Just some of the SL books as I find them on e-bay. We're only going in to prek, but she just loves doing school and wants more, more, more no matter what I do! So I hope I've come up with something that will fulfill her need for more but not be too demanding. I don't plan on a schedule, just doing the next thing in whatever subjects she wants to do.

Core - Sonlight P4/5

Math - MUS Primer and Mathtacular DVD (already working through primer)i

Geography - Geopuzzles (US/Can & World) and States & Capitals songs (she heard a song and begged for this)

Phonics - ETC (1, I think, but I need to look into it more to make sure we get the right level)

Music - Melody harp

Am I absolutely nuts to get all this for a 4yo? She loves it so much and thrives on doing it. She's seen all of these things at one point or another on my computer and begged me to get most of it. She asks me almost every day if her new school things are here yet. DH figures it's okay because even if we don't end up doing much, it will still be there waiting for us next year. So it will get used at some point, even if it's not all during her prek year.

You aren't nuts. You will have a lot of nice curricula to choose from!

Core - Sonlight P4/5

Math - MUS Primer and Mathtacular DVD (already working through primer)

Music - Melody harp

Not nuts at all! My DD is the same way! She thrives on doing "school" so that's what we do! Great list of stuff!

I think we are about ready for our official Kindergarten year! I am doing

Primary Arts of Language by IEW for reading and writing.

That program includes AAS 1. So excited to start!

Also doing MEP reception for math ( maybe with Singapore workbooks as well)

Doing some FIAR with her as well and starting some great read alouds.

(any recommendations on great classics to start with?)

For bible I think we are doing Bible Study Guide for All Ages.

That's it I think! So ready to start!